Product Manager, Honolulu
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Rhombus Power is seeking a Product Manager to manage the
delivery of complex enterprise AI software deployments. Candidates
are expected to bring a strong track record of driving tangible
business value and outcomes for DOD customers, with proven
technical expertise and leadership experience in application
development, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and with
data integration. The Product Manager will work with customer
stakeholders to define use cases, translate use cases into
specifications, quantify and track business value, provide
oversight to technical teams and data scientists to drive
measurable outcomes, and work across technical teams to proliferate
our AI software. This position requires technical aptitude and a
combination of skills: strategy consulting, facilitation,
stakeholder management, project management, process optimization,
analytics, and AI methods - a person who loves fixing problems and
always brings their best to work. As this position will be our
"eyes and ears" in Honolulu, the Product Manager will be the
primary driver for identifying significant opportunities, and
driving product vision, strategies and roadmaps in the context of
broader organizational strategies and goals. The position is
available immediately, and will be based in Honolulu, HI. This role
requires US Citizenship or US Permanent Residence. Active
Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance (Secret or higher)
is highly preferred. Responsibilities Successful candidates will
oversee the entire software implementation life cycle and
accomplish the following activities:
- Collaborate with customers to craft compelling use cases that
drive business value, translate use cases into requirements and
specifications, validate the tractability and define the data
requirements for AI use cases.
- Quantify and track value metrics that can be realized from
Rhombus Power's enterprise AI software.
- Advise executive customer stakeholders on future use case
roadmap and implementation plans aligned to Rhombus Power's
solutions and drive customer success and adoption with a focus on
customer retention, advocacy and expansion.
- Turn business requirements into application features and
capabilities, map use cases to granular team tasks and produce
detailed production project work plans.
- Lead the engagement team to perform implementation activities
in collaboration with Rhombus Power team members from Application
Development, Data Integration, Solution Architecture, Data Science,
Products, QA, and DevOps.
- Dive into technical details and lead activities to ensure
successful delivery to our customers (e.g., functional scoping,
application and data integration quality assurance, deliver
training, issue debugging and resolution).
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, remove obstacles and accelerate
the path to customer success, track and address risks before they
become issues, solve delivery challenges, addressing resource
contention, scoping issues and managing expectations.
- Develop high quality and polished internal and external
deliverables and other documentation to enable customer success,
building a trusted advisor relationship.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with customers, define
and interpret the AI results in the customer's business
- Provide oversight to the data science team and ensure a
- Provides monthly status reports and clearly communicates
program successes and issues to reflect performance as compared to
the program's baseline and performance standards.
- Ensure the optimum mix of cost, schedule, performance, and
system supportability throughout the life cycle. (design,
development, testing and evaluation, production and
- Represent the program and the client in interactions with
stakeholders; be comfortable with briefings, demos, etc.
- A Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics,
Mathematics, Operations Research or similar field; Advanced
Engineering degree or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years delivery management experience with
- Experience leading engagements with substantial exposure and
involvement with data science, cloud infrastructure, solution
architecture, application development, and data engineering.
- Credible customer presence, capable of stepping into a trusted
- Data-driven, analytically oriented, with a commitment to
- Ability to successfully communicate and work with senior-level
- Leadership experience, the ability to enforce good project
governance and promote delivery excellence.
- Effectively work across customer and internal teams to problem
solve, define scope, write technical specifications, quantify and
track success metrics, and manage against a plan.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate between the business and
technical domains of a software implementation project, providing
leadership in both.
- Excellent presentation, written, communication with keen
attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
- This role requires US Citizenship or US Permanent Residence.
Active Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance (Secret or
higher) is highly preferred. About Rhombus Rhombus Power Inc.
(Rhombus) is a NASA Research Park startup located in the heart of
Silicon Valley. We use cutting-edge cross-disciplinary approaches
to solve pressing Big Data and Sensing problems in security, energy
and healthcare. Our advisory board includes two Nobel Laureates and
a Draper Prize winner. Rhombus compensates, motivates, and develops
employees, who are trusted, empowered, and involved. Employees have
clear roles and expectations - and their roles are flexible enough
to move at the speed of innovation in order to meet and exceed
client expectations. We have a unique culture of global purpose,
rooted in the innovation and progress of Silicon Valley. Rhombus
knows that diversity is a condition for success. We are committed
to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Keywords: Rhombus, Honolulu , Product Manager, Honolulu, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!