- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor and be an Ambassador of
Aloha Spirit at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written
with all levels of employees, guests and third party companies in
an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Able to approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Assist with manager on duty coverage when needed and perform
other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage
safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and
assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information,
data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Respond to all guest concerns filtered through hotel departments,
social media, and guest satisfaction index either in person,
electronically or by phone. This includes all reviews that come
from the Medallia and social media outlets, as well as guest emails
and respective department inboxes.
- Monitor trends associated with service levels/guest complains.
Chart out possible trends in the hotel through utilization of
Medallia to work proactively with the department managers on
resolutions for top problems and trends in the hotel.
- Serve as a lobby ambassador to greet guests and assist them with
their needs. Be visible in the lobby whenever a line exists to
assist guests during their wait. Be present in the lobby during VIP
arrivals to meet, greet, and assist in any way to ensure a
memorable stay. Manager will keep the Director of Operations
informed of the progress of lobby rotation duty.
- Coordinate and execute cultural activities and other experiences
that will enhance the guest's experience.
- Management of VIP guests - pre, during and post stay.
- Creating and executing amenity program for guests.
- Working with the Sales and Catering departments to coordinate
functions, coverage for events and/or breakfast etc.
- Assist with front office operations which include front desk and
other operational departments.
- Working with department heads on specific problems in their
departments that are brought up in surveys for quick resolution to
the guest and preventive measures for the future.
- Appropriately weigh all sides of a situation and fairly
compensate guests in a consistent fashion, when necessary. Utilize
full empowerment to ensure guests are happy pre-stay, during, and
- Attend departmental and morning meetings and take notes and
distribute to the operational team.
- Evaluate and respond to social media, online service channels to
enhance reputations and representation of the hotel. This includes
but is not limited to posting local current events with pictures
pre-event and post event to continue local interest, post all
promotions in the restaurant or rooms, posting all public relation
events such as charity events conducted by the hotel. Social media
should be posted daily alternating with all of the subjects above
so the followers obtain various information of interest.
- Give recommendations for improvement and enhancement where
needed. This will entail analyzing the top three problems every
month with the Director of Operations and department heads to come
up with root causes and action plans to improve. Most of this is
compiled from Medallia will also be analyzed into this data.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.