Associate Medical Director, Ambulatory Telehealth
Company: The Queen's University Medical Group
Posted on: January 24, 2023
- Organizes and develops outstanding clinical programs related to
ambulatory telehealth and remote patient monitoring at the Queen's
Health Systems, in coordination with the Telemedicine Department
and Medical Director of Telehealth.
- Fosters communication and teamwork among all internal and
- Cooperates with the Medical Director of Telehealth and Chief
Information Officer to plan, direct, and implement ambulatory
telehealth programs across the Health System.
- Provides administrative direction and responsibility for
ambulatory telehealth services. This includes:
- Assuring high quality patient care services through telehealth
by working with providers and clinic staff to implement
technologies and work flows that optimize the patient and provider
- Developing clinical work flows for both staff and providers to
improve the efficiency of ambulatory telehealth within the
- Strategizing methods to facilitate timely scheduling,
documentation and proper billing of ambulatory telehealth
- Overseeing implementation of remote patient monitoring services
within the Health System clinics.
- Establishing patient-initiated, ad hoc telehealth visits for
virtual urgent care by implementing new technologies and work
- Evaluating capital budget requirements, selection of equipment
and space, and appropriate staffing for ambulatory telehealth.
- Coordinating with providers and staff to provide the best
patient and family experience with telehealth.
- Works with the Medical Director of Telehealth to insure that
providers comply with the Health System policies and procedures,
corporate compliance standards of conduct, and all applicable
statutes, rules and regulations related to telehealth.
- Collaborates with clinic managers and medical directors of
relevant ambulatory sites to facilitate and develop new telehealth
programs to improve and broaden community outpatient services.
- To ensure continued excellence in clinical skills and to foster
clinical excellence, the Associate Medical Director of Ambulatory
Telehealth will continue in the active practice of medicine, and
will generally be readily available as a resource to members of the
- Ensures that the quality of care provided by members of the
Medical Staff meets or exceeds applicable telehealth standards and
benchmarks and distinguishes the Health System as a leader in high
quality medical care related.
- Works collaboratively with the Medical Director of Telehealth,
clinic managers, clinic medical directors, and others to oversee
continuing surveillance of the quality of patient care and
professional performance related to ambulatory telehealth.
- Assures that resources utilized for ambulatory telehealth and
remote patient monitoring are clinically effective and
- Works collaboratively with appropriate clinic managers and
medical directors to provide cost efficient care.
- Devises standardized cost-effective programs for the delivery
of telehealth and remote patient monitoring services.
- Actively participates in local, state, and nationally
recognized telehealth organizations in order to enhance the image
and influence of the Health System and its providers.
- Works with government and third party payers to ensure that
telehealth services are appropriately valued and reimbursed, as
- Participates as necessary in responding to the local and
national media regarding issues being overseen.
- Works with external vendors to support telehealth programs and
other contracted services.
- Participates as a role model in clinical research and quality
- Presents findings from research and quality improvement
activities at the Health System and at nationally recognized
meetings/forums, as appropriate.
- Publishes results from research activities in medical journals,
- Works to establish the quality, safety, and value of telehealth
- Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine or EC FMG
- Current unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State
- Board certified in a Medical or Surgical specialty in the
- During the period of employment, shall be and remain a member
of the QMC medical staff in good standing with appropriate
privileges without restriction.
- Qualified for an appointment on the faculty of the University
of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet
Keywords: The Queen's University Medical Group, Honolulu , Associate Medical Director, Ambulatory Telehealth, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!