Company: Hilton Waikiki Beach
Posted on: January 26, 2023
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page:Hilton Waikiki Beach
is looking for a seasoned, dynamic individual with extensive
experience in all aspects of hotel food and beverage operations
management, including but not limited to restaurant, banquets,
beverage service. Functions as the strategic business leader of all
of the property's food and -beverage/culinary operation, including
Restaurants/Bars, Room Service, -Banquets/Catering and Kitchen.
Position oversees the continuous development and -implementation of
departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand
-service strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures the
beverage/culinary operation meets the brand's target customer
needs, ensures -employee satisfaction, and focuses on growing
revenues and maximizing the financial -performance of the
department. Develops and implements property-wide strategies
deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and
expectations of the -brand's target customer and property employees
and provides a return on investment.Responsible for directing and
organizing the activities of the Food and Beverage -Department to
ensure a consistently high-quality food product while developing
his/her -team and driving a positive work environment. This
individual is charged with
consistently improving guest and employee
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 6 years of progressive management experience in the food &
beverage, culinary, event management, or related profession
- Extensive experience in restaurant, bar, banquet, catering,
in-room dining and kitchen required.OTHER REQUIREMENTS
1. Must hold and maintain
A valid Driver's License
Ability to obtain Honolulu Liquor Commission Manager Card
Certified Food Safety training (i.e., ServSafe), desired
Certified Alcohol Awareness training (i.e., TIPS), desired
CPR and First Aid CertificationLANGUAGE SKILLS
1. Must be able to use English both verbal and written
communication skills, including ability -to effectively communicate
with internal and external customers.
2. Ability to read, comprehend and write instructions,
correspondence and memos.
3. Ability to communicate verbally (including telephone contact)
with guests, management and -co-workers.
4. Ability to analyze reports and numbers. Work does involve
extensive reading and visual -inspection of written materials at
close range.COMPUTER SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
1. Excellent computer proficiency with Windows operating systems
including but not limited -to, MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
2. Knowledgeable in MICROS POS, Kitchen Display System and
3. Excellent telephone etiquetteMATHEMATICAL SKILLS
1. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, -common fractions, decimals.
2. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.REASONING ABILITY
1. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
2. Ability to interpret basic technical instructions in
mathematical or diagram form and deal with -several abstract and
concrete variables.ESSENTIAL SKILLS
1. Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
2. Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of
action quickly -and accurately.
3. Must work well in stressful high pressure situations maintaining
composure and -objectivity under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive -attitude and providing exemplary customer
4. Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace
including anticipating -preventing identifying and solving problems
5. Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data
etc. from disparate -sources and consider adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular -need.
6. Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and
resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
7. Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and -basic arithmetic functions. Have the ability to
analyze forecast data and make -judgments to ensure proper payroll
and production control
8. Familiar with the general organization of a Hotel and know the
function of each -department.
9. Communicates in a timely and efficient manner possess strong
communication -skills excellent speaking reading and writing skills
computer skills and basic -technological acumen.
10. Knowledgeable and experienced with forecasting budgeting labor
management -and purchasing to ensure maximum productivity
11. Ability to complete all applicable forecasting and budgeting in
a timely and -efficient manner.
12. Maintains a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of -communication with managers employees and other
13. Knowledgeable and aware of local competition and industry
14. Ability to work independently and perform duties and
responsibilities to -completion within parameters of instructions
given, prescribed routines, and -standard accepted practices.
15. Ability to understand, communicate and support the mission,
vision and game -plan of the hotel.
16. Strong leadership and organizational skills and has the ability
to apply them.
17. Establish goals and objectives to improve the banquet
18. Ability to understand guest's service needs.
19. Ability to converse calmly with irate guests, co-workers or
supervisors in -sometimes tense situations.
20. Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and other
departments as part of a -team.
21. Ability to build morale and spirit.
2. Ability to adhere to work schedule and arrive on time in a neat
and alert condition
and adhere to company dress standards.
23. Ability to follow all appropriate policies and procedures while
constantly striving to -improve all standards of operation.
24. Ability to meet or exceed productivity and performance
standards and complete -tasks as assigned by manager.
25. Ability to take and give direction.For additional information
and requirements, please contact the Hilton Waikiki Beach Human
Resources department.Hilton Waikiki Beach is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
status as a protected veteran. If you need accommodation for any
part of the application process because of a medical condition or
disability, please call 808-921-5504 or email Cindy Fujioka at
email@example.com to let us know the nature of
your request.QualificationsSkillsRequired Decision Making Advanced
Yield Management Advanced Training Advanced Time-Management
Advanced Teamwork Advanced Revenue Analysis Advanced Problem
Solving Advanced Multi-Tasking Advanced P&L Advanced Organized
Advanced Microsoft Office Advanced Meeting Planning Advanced
Advanced Budget Advanced Detail Oriented Advanced Contract
Negotiation Advanced Critical Thinking Advanced Forecasting
Advanced Customer Service Expert Employee Relations Expert MICROS
Advanced Preferred Ultipro Intermediate BehaviorsRequiredTeam
Player: Works well as a member of a group Innovative: Consistently
introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking Leader:
Inspires teammates to follow them Functional Expert: Considered a
thought leader on a subject PreferredDetail Oriented: Capable of
carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the
task done well Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and
interest Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
integrity MotivationsPreferredSelf-Starter: Inspired to perform
without outside help Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by
the completion of tasks Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to
perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a
project or the organization Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to
perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the
business EducationRequiredHigh School or better.PreferredAssociates
or better.Bachelors or better.Technical/other training or better in
Culinary Arts or related field.ExperienceRequired6 years:
Progressive management experience in the food & beverage, culinary,
event management, or related profession area. 6 years: Extensive
experience in restaurant, bar, banquet, catering, in room dining,
and kitchen management required. Licenses &
CertificationsRequiredServSafePreferredHI TB ClearanceFirst
AidCPREqual Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Hilton Waikiki Beach, Honolulu , F&B Director, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!