Company: Young Brothers
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The successful candidate will work directly with key stakeholders -
which includes, but is not limited to, Leadership Team, department
heads, vendors, government agencies, and clients - to ensure
deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. Client
relations, change management, and strong communication skills are
Must be reliable, able and willing to solve problems as they arise,
able to coordinate many different tasks, and willing to explore how
to make processes more efficient.
* Partners with project sponsors to define success metrics and
* With some guidance, defines and creates project plans considering
time frame, funding limitations, staffing requirements,
regulations, resource availability, and contractual
* Acts as primary liaison between project sponsor, project staff,
contractors/vendors, and internal company personnel.
* Working with the project sponsors, develops appropriate project
charters documenting the justification for undertaking a new
project, including the problem being addressed, background,
customers, success criteria, implementation approach, scope,
timeline, deliverables, costs and project team commitments. With
some guidance, manages development of project execution strategy
including planning, vendor and subcontractor support requirements,
contractual requirements, and health, safety, quality, and
environmental impacts and mitigation measures.
* Working with Health, Safety, Quality, and Environment department
ensures compliance with overall health, safety, quality, and
environmental standards for the project.
* Identifies staffing needs for each phase of the project and
requests assignment of project team members and
* Confers with project staff to outline work plan and assign
duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority; provides ongoing
technical advice and problem resolution support.
* Coaches, mentors, motivates and directs project team members and
contractors, and influences them to take positive action and
accountability for their work to ensure project progresses on
schedule and within prescribed budget.
* Working with Supply Chain, sources and negotiates key
subcontracts and vendors.
* Follows established processes for monitoring and integrating all
project elements and communications concerning change management
processes and decisions.
* Advises Leadership Team and Portfolio Steering Committee on
project expenditure decisions.
* Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies
schedules or plans as required.
* Coordinates the operational aspects of ongoing projects and
serves as liaison between project teams and other parts of the
* Proactively identifies dependencies between teams and ensures
communications to align on project delivery criteria.
* Uses financial reporting, trend and variance analyses and other
performance measures to develop/modify project plans to mitigate
* Negotiates project or contract changes and incorporates changes
into project control systems to maintain work statements, cost and
* Ensures all projects adhere to project methodology compliance
standards set by the company.
* Tracks project deliverables using appropriate tools and prepares
project reports for Leadership Team, Portfolio Steering Committee,
project sponsors, or others to ensure appropriate project
* Evaluates project upon close-out and documents lessons
* Travel as required.
* Attend training as required to maintain proficiency.
* Be a leader for "SpeakUp", including encouraging peers and staff
to exhibit a safe and ethical culture.
* Understands and complies with Company policies and procedures,
including EEO, Non-Discrimination, Harassment, and Saltchuk Code of
Ethical Business Conduct.
* Effectively communicates regional/department goals and
* Provides direction and leadership to achieve company Core Values,
Mission, and Vision.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or
* Thorough understanding of project management methodologies,
tools, and techniques.
* SmartSheet or other project management software proficiency.
* Proficient use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel,
SharePoint, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Proven project management track record driving projects to 100%
completion, on schedule and to stakeholder satisfaction.
* Experience writing and managing RFP's, scoring vendors, and
* Ability to communicate technical/complex information to
non-technical people both verbally and in writing.
* Excellent interpersonal relationship skills to effectively
interact with internal and external stakeholders.
* Strong leadership qualities including diplomacy and ability to
interface with cross-functional teams such as Finance, Legal, IS,
and Supply Chain.
* Comfortable creating and making presentations to all levels of
* Ability to establish and maintain cooperation, understanding,
trust, and credibility.
* Ability to meet budget requirements and track/contain
* Excellent time management and demonstrated ability to meet
* Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational
* Ability to work independently and accomplish work through
* Able to handle confidential matters judiciously.
* Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
* Follows policies and procedures and upholds company ethics
policies and values.
This position generally requires a Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in
marine transportation, mechanical engineering, science &
technology, or a related field; 5+ years related experience and
advanced knowledge of the project area; or equivalent combination
of education and experience. Project management professional (PMP)
Working Conditions: Work is mostly performed both in an office
environment sitting at a desk utilizing computer keyboard and
telephone, and on location where project conditions vary. May be
required to work extended hours as needed to implement new
projects. Travel will be required. Regular and predictable
attendance is a requirement.
Physical/Mental Demands: Work environment includes typical computer
related noise levels and paper and equipment generated dust.
Exposure to video display terminals occurs on a regular basis.
Incumbent is on call to provide support services during off hours.
Physical skill is required for keyboarding and use of peripheral
equipment. Moderate lifting. While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is frequently required to sit; hands or fingers;
handle or feel; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally
required to reach with hands and arms.
Position Content: This job description is not intended to be and
should not be construed as an all inclusive list of all the
responsibilities, skills, working conditions associated with the
position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position
activities and requirements, these requirements may change over
time. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties
and assign other duties as necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Young Brothers, Honolulu , Project Manager, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!