Case Manager, Cardiology
Posted on: March 17, 2023
--Job Summary:Assists in identifying, coordinating and
evaluating administrative and operational activities of services
required to respond effectively to patients medical needs. Acts as
medical liaison between patient, community resources, and
Cardiology medical staff. Provides continuity of care to patient by
coordinating care and services needed in all settings in continuum
of care. Monitors plan of care and provides ongoing communication
with Cardiology health care providers. Problem solves and/or refers
to supervisor operational issues as appropriate.Essential
- Assists in identifying, coordinating and evaluating
administrative and operational activities of services to
effectively manage patients medical needs.
- Acts as medical liaison between patient, community resources
and Cardiology medical staff. Provides continuity of care to
patient by coordinating care and services needed within the
continuum of care. Monitors plan of care and provides ongoing
communication with all health care providers as needed.
- Monitors and evaluates outcomes of patient treatment. Devises
individualized plans of care to insure completion of treatment as
recommended by physician and/or other health care providers.
- Tracks and manages patients care and treatment including
referral tracking, request for outside services from a facility
and/or health provider utilizing available computer resources.
- Participates in problem solving and quality improvement
monitoring to help develop, implement and evaluate department
- Assists and advises in development of standards, policies and
procedures and educational tools for various patient
- Partners with physician chief and/or clinic supervisor in
following up on issues requiring resolution. Updates physician
chief and/or clinic supervisor regarding any issues/concerns as
- Assists supervisor in maintaining daily operations and serves
as resource to staff. Ensures training for ongoing formal and
informal staff development needs.
- Assists with departmental nursing functions if operational
- Develops and implements plans/projects to improve operational
efficiency and effectiveness. Monitors progress and reports to
- Initiate and maintain practices and programs that strengthen
the delivery of cardiac services.
- May perform patient care to the extent necessary to maintain
clinical expertise, competency, and licensing necessary to fulfill
job responsibilities and to direct the provision of care on the
- Provides direct patient care on an as needed basis. Provides
services that are within scope of license and in compliance with
all legal, regulatory, and policy requirements relevant to clinical
- Incorporates the KP Nursing Vision, Model and Values throughout
their Nursing Practice.--Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Minimum two (2) years of direct patient care experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of case management or care coordination
- Bachelors degree in nursing OR four (4) years of experience in
a directly related field.License, Certification, Registration
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Registered Nurse License (Hawaii) required at hire--Additional
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, oral
communication, written communication, customer service, conflict
resolution, influence, problem solving, decision making, teamwork,
quality management, and systems thinking.--Preferred
- Certified Case Manager (CCM) by the Commission for Case Manager
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing,
spreadsheet, and database PC applications.
- Masters degree in public health, clinical nursing, or related
field.Job Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse
Keywords: Kaiser, Honolulu , Case Manager, Cardiology, Executive , Wahiawa, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...