Supervisory Housing Management Specialist
Company: Air Force Institute of Technology
Posted on: May 25, 2023
.Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this
position.Yes-You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation
expenses in accordance with agency policy.See "Who May Apply" in
the "Qualifications" section for more information on who is
eligible to apply for this position.
- Provide technical housing expertise and assistance to Garrison
Commander/Manager and other installation staff in representing
Department of the Army (DA), IMCOM, and Garrison objectives.
- Responsible for the accomplishment of broad management
functions with the planning, management, administration and
implementation of the technical and administrative operations of
the housing management programs.
- Oversee compliance of the Residential Communities Initiative
(RCI) transaction documents and the Community Development
Management Plan (CDMP).
- Perform or direct periodic or scheduled surveys, audits,
reviews, studies, and inspections to determine family housing
conditions or requirements and to evaluate work being performed
under the housing contracts.
- Serve as the Contracting Officer Representative (COR),
responsible for management oversight; guidance, fiscal policy, and
control of contractor owned-government leased quarters as required
- Direct the work of housing office employees.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness
determination, as determined by a completed background
- Position is non-Critical sensitive and requires a SECRET
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid State and/or
International driver?s license.
- Installation may require incumbent to submit a Financial
Disclosure Statement, OGE-450, (5CFR Part 2634, Subpart I USOGE,
- This position is an inclement weather essential position and
the incumbent is expected to make every attempt to report for duty
on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather
- Position may require after hours call-back for
- Position may require that employee pass screening for illegal
drug use prior to appointment and subsequent periodic drug
- Temporary Duty travel (TDY) may be required up to
10%.Qualifications Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of
the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for
this job. You will be asked to identify which category or
categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet
the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility
for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements
described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience,
including volunteer work done through National Service programs
(e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g.,
professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community;
student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying
experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must
clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on
education, your transcripts will be required as part of your
application. Additional information about transcripts is in this
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which
includes managing a family housing program including a full range
of housing activities such as operations and maintenance, financial
management, assignment utilization, construction and improvements,
management-tenant and community relations, referral services,
furnishing and equipment management, military residential community
initiatives, and privatized housing and lodging. This definition of
specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next
lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in
the following areas:
- Housing Management Program Administration
- Housing Operations
- Housing Requirements Determination and Planning
- Manages Human Resources
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General
Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks
of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-11).
EducationThis job does not have an education qualification
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a
Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial
Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure
Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department
of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested
in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the
Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Field (CF) 27 - Housing management
- You may claim military spouse preference (MSP).
- If a MSP applicant is determined best qualified and selected,
placement must be at the full performance level for priority
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not
authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the
- To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide
injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated,
depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal
Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19
vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043.
- A supervisory probationary period may be required.
- Permanent change of station (PCS) costs may be authorized.
- Recruitment and relocation incentives may be authorized.
- Student loan repayment may be authorized.
- Salary negotiation may be available for those candidates who
are new to Federal service.You will be evaluated for this job based
on how well you meet the qualifications above.Once the announcement
has closed, a review of your application package (resume,
supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be
used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements
listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your
r--sum-- and supporting documentation will be compared against your
responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level
of experience. If, after reviewing your r--sum-- and/or supporting
documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your
qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for
this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when
applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive
awards in your resume as that information may be taken into
consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be
required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you
are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency
has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee
eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection
priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you
must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated
well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate
documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered
well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must
satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive
a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is
on OPM's Career Transition Resources website .
Keywords: Air Force Institute of Technology, Honolulu , Supervisory Housing Management Specialist, Executive , Waipahu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...