Director of Clinical Services $5,000 Sign-on Bonus
Company: Islands Hospice
Posted on: September 15, 2023
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Director of Clinical Services (DCS) is responsible for the
direction of hospice clinical services. The DCS establishes,
implements, and evaluates goals and objectives for hospice services
that meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to
the total organization and philosophy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinates and oversees direct and indirect patient services
provided by clinical personnel.
2. Receives case referrals. Reviews available patient information
related to case, including home visits, to determine hospice/home
care needs. Assigns appropriate hospice personnel to case as
needed. Conferences with MEDICAL DIRECTOR regarding any questions
about an individual's eligibility for services.
3. Assists clinicians in establishing immediate and long-term
therapeutic goals, in setting priorities, and in developing and
utilizing plans of care.
4. Provides guidance and counseling to Director of Clinical
Services Assistant, RN Case Managers and clinical staff to assist
them in continually improving all aspects of hospice care services,
provided through organization personnel.
5. Assists RN Case Manager in managing clinical teams and planning.
Facilitates discharge process with families and employees.
6. Provides help in assessment, planning, implementation and
evaluation of patient and family/caregiver care to clinical
personnel as indicated. Attends case conference meetings with
hospice personnel to facilitate coordination of care and discussion
of interdisciplinary group involvement.
7. Interprets operational indicators to detect census changes and
increases or decreases in volume that could impact staffing levels,
revenues or expenses.
8. Evaluates performance of Clinicians (RN, LPN, CNA). Collaborates
with leadership to assist in the evaluation of spiritual care,
bereavement, volunteer, and social work team members.
9. Assists RN Case Manager to develop skills and techniques in
evaluating the performance of clinicians.
10. Hires, evaluates, and terminates organization personnel.
11. Conducts annual evaluations of clinicians, or more frequently
12. Oversees the maintenance of patient clinical records,
statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and
reporting of organization activities.
13. Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance
with local, state and federal laws.
14. Responsible for the maintenance of adequate and appropriate
inventory supplies and equipment for the provision of patient
15. Assist with development, implementation, and evaluation of
orientation program for new organization personnel.
16. Assist with planning and implementing in-service and continuing
education programs to meet education and training needs of
17. Assists with the evaluation of organization performance via
performance improvement program, productivity, quarterly and annual
reviews. Assures for the quality and safe delivery of hospice
services provided through the Organization.
18. Assists in the development of organization goals. Develops,
recommends, and administers Organization policies and
19. Assures compliance with all local, state and federal laws
regarding licensure and certification of organization personnel
and, maintains compliance to the ACHC Home Care standards.
20. Stays informed about changes in the field of nursing and
hospice care; shares information with appropriate organization
21. Promotes hospice referrals in the health care community.
22. Other duties as assigned by the Executive
1. Registered nurse in the State with current licensure to practice
professional nursing in the State.
2. Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited program by the
National League for Nursing. Master's degree in hospice
3. Three years of management experience in a hospice or related
health care organization.
4. Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct professional and
5. Ability to market and deal tactfully with customers and the
6. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state and/or Organization requirements and is in
good working order.
7. Has excellent observation, verbal and written communication
8. Knowledge of business management, governmental regulations and
Job Type: Full-time
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
Honolulu, HI 96813: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
Registered Nurse in the State of Hawaii (Required)
Work Location: In person
Keywords: Islands Hospice, Honolulu , Director of Clinical Services $5,000 Sign-on Bonus, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!