Social Media Manager
Company: Hawaiian Host Group
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Are you known for exceeding expectations? Do you embrace the
Spirit of Hawai'i? Then please keep reading because we're looking
for people like you at Hawaiian Host Group.
Who are we? Hawaiian Host Group (HHG) is a leading Hawai'i-based
consumer goods company with a portfolio of brands that includes
Hawaiian Host -, Mauna Loa -, MacFarms -, KOHO -, and Royal
Hawaiian Orchards -. Sold in over 23 countries, HHG produces a
suite of products ranging from flavored macadamia nuts to artisan
chocolates, and macadamia milk-based ice cream. Our dedicated team
of Hosts of Hawai'i is spread across its headquarters in Honolulu
and offices in Hilo, Kona, Los Angeles, and Tokyo. HHG has
manufacturing plants in Honolulu and Kea'au, as well as Hawai'i's
largest single macadamia farm.
We are an excited team of people that all have one vision in
common: sharing the Spirit of Hawai'i with the world. Expect
camaraderie, product tastings, and other (virtual and in-person)
events that make our culture unique. And more importantly, know
that your work contributes to our purpose; to make the Islands'
future flourish. We do this through our Takitani foundation that
grants scholarships to deserving local students, our solar farm on
the Big Island, and other social & environmental initiatives.
That's enough about us for now, we'd love to learn more about you.
Read the job description below and let us know if you're
interested. We can't wait to meet you!
As the Social Media Manager, you will lead strategy and content
creation across all social media accounts across the two brands
Hawaiian Host and Mauna Loa, to translate each brand's short and
long-term goals. You will develop and executive all initiatives,
manage community engagement, and influencer programs.
- Strategy Development
- Develop and implement comprehensive social media strategies
that delivers on each brands' goals, including offering data-driven
perspective on how to engage across each platform: Instagram,
Facebook, TikTok, Pinterest, YouTube, & LinkedIn.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to align social media
activities with broader marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Monitor social media trends, competitor activities, and
industry developments to identify opportunities for campaign
optimization and stay ahead of emerging trends.
- Stay up to date with social media best practices, algorithms,
and platform updates to optimize content strategy and ensure
compliance with platform guidelines.
- Pivot initiatives when platforms institute changes and provide
perspective on new and emerging platforms.
- Content and Influencer Program Management
- Develop monthly content calendars planning and scheduling,
daily publishing, and community management.
- Lead creation of assets (including brainstorming sessions with
brands) and manage external partners (photographers, videographers,
- Build and oversee influencer relationships (paid and earned) to
ensure impactful and efficient program; maintain day-to-day
operations such as seeding relationships or sending mailers and
move quickly to capture the moment.
- Manage and execute giveaways and promotional contests.
- Propose partnership ideas with other brands in order to grow
- Partner with brand teams to brainstorm earned/owned strategies
(PR opportunities) that amplify brand awareness.
- Develop and maintain performance scorecard that is in line with
each brands' objectives.
- Oversee social media budget across both brands.
- Community Engagement/Management
- Monitor and analyze user-generated content and online
conversations related to our brand, making recommendations for
brand reputation management and customer relationship
- Engage with online communities and respond to comments,
messages, and inquiries in a timely and professional manner,
working closely with the customer service teams and marketing
teams. OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance
with company policies and procedures.
- Regular attendance is required for the position. EDUCATION,
EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in business marketing or related fields.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience as a social media content
creator, preferably in the consumer-packaged goods (CPG)
- Experience in capturing short-form video and still content (BTS
content, Reels, Stories) using native platform or best-in-class
third party apps.
- Proven success managing influencer and content to meet success
- Experience working with creative agencies and cross-functional
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, and strategic
- Ability to communicate effectively with strong interpersonal
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to problem solve, analyze data, and perform critical
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to travel intra/interstate(s) and out of the
country. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential job functions.
- The position requires carrying less than 25 pounds; bending;
stooping; crouching; side bending; overhead reaching; handling;
stair climbing; forward reaching; grasping; sitting; standing;
walking, finger dexterity; vision; hearing; eye-hand-foot
coordination. COMMUNICATION DEMANDS:
- The position requires talking to co-workers and customers;
written communication to co-workers and customers; talking to
outside trade persons/vendors; written communication to outside
persons/vendors; talking on the telephone; responding to written or
verbal requests of co-workers and vendors; receiving verbal and
written instructions; writing/composing written language; and
reading. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1) While performing the duties of this job, the employee works
in an office environment and is infrequently exposed to weather
- 2) The noise level in the work environment is usually
Hawaiian Host Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Keywords: Hawaiian Host Group, Honolulu , Social Media Manager, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!