Director, Marketing Operations & Activation
Company: PMI (Project Management Institute)
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Director, Marketing Operations & Activation
United Kingdom * United States * Virtual
Sunday, November 5, 2023
Want to help people learn the newest ways of working and getting
How you'll make an impact:
The Director Marketing Operations and Activation is senior leader
who is responsible for streamlining the marketing team's
operations, advancing marketing priorities, being a thought partner
and advisor to the CMO, facilitating effective decision-making, and
ensuring excellence in marketing delivery and effectiveness.
You will be part of the Global Marketing leadership team and report
to the Chief Marketing Officer.
Essential Duties of the role:
* Marketing Productivity: Work to improve Marketing function's
productivity by streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing
cross-functional program management, and ensuring objectives are
communicated within the Marketing team as well as between
departments across the company. Hold cross-functional teams
accountable for delivering project inputs and assist in resolving
obstacles. Conduct audits on market, region, or functional
effectiveness when necessary to inform sound decision-making.
* Strategic Planning: Support CMO in managing annual strategic
planning, ensuring clear goals and action plans defined across the
department, manage organizational performance metrics and executive
reporting, and work collaboratively with Finance, Talent, Legal,
and other cross-functional partners linked to operational
efficiency. Includes defining and producing progress and business
reporting formats, defining meeting and reporting cadence, and
identifying opportunities to increase leadership effectiveness.
* Vendor Engagement: Manage all vendor relations, from media
platforms and agencies to contractors and consultants, from RFP to
contract negotiation, in collaboration with the marketing and legal
teams. Continuously evaluate vendor performance and
cost-effectiveness, seeking opportunities for improvement and cost
* Budget Management: Oversee overall marketing budget and headcount
to provide regular performance reporting to the CMO and guide
potential business or resourcing needs. Own budget estimation,
tracking, and financial accruals in partnership with Finance.
Monitor budget utilization, identifying opportunities for
optimization and cost-effective strategies.
What you will bring to the role:
* 10+ years of experience in marketing, incl. at least 5 in a
* Bachelors Degree in a related field required, Masters Degree
* Active PMI certification preferred
* Demonstrated experience in vendor/contract management.
* Demonstrated experience in utilizing data analytics to determine
and execute marketing strategies.
* Proactive, curious, strategic, and analytic thinker
* Experience managing a high performing team, stakeholders and
working in a matrixed environment.
* Experience in leading multi-product marketing in a highly
* Ability to interpret and analyze marketing and market research
data to make clear strategy recommendations and decisions.
* Proven track record of managing successful marketing campaigns in
a digital environment.
* Extensive experience driving marketing and media strategy with a
full engagement funnel approach to building high-performance
results and brand equity
* Experience of working in an agile, dynamic, and customer-centric
* Excellent communication, collaboration, presentation, and
What you can expect from us
We value and nurture an environment of inclusivity and diversity,
and a culture of communication and collaboration. Your health,
safety and well-being come first, and we believe that you should
have time for your work, but you should also have time for
Join us and you'll get:
* an excellent total package, with compensation and benefits based
upon your geographic location.
* skill development opportunities, to help you grow now and into
* access to a global network, to enrich your professional
* flexible options to help balance work time and your time
* award and bonus opportunities.
The salary offer will be based on several factors, including the
candidate's demonstrated skills, qualifications and relevant
Let's help make the world work better for everyone. Apply
Project Management Institute, Inc. is committed to providing equal
employment opportunities without regard to sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law. As a government
contractor, Company Name is subject to Executive Order 11246, the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 503), and the Vietnam Era
Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974 (VEVRAA), all as amended, which
require government contractors to ensure nondiscrimination in
employment and to take affirmative action to employ and advance in
employment qualified persons without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed,
national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
Min Hiring Rate
Max Hiring Rate
- United Kingdom
- United States
Share this job:
Keywords: PMI (Project Management Institute), Honolulu , Director, Marketing Operations & Activation, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!