Coastal Management Specialist - Projects Coordinator
Company: New York State Economic Development Council
Posted on: November 16, 2023
DescriptionLynker is seeking a talented Coastal Management
Specialist - Projects Coordinator to support the National Oceanic
and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Office for Coastal
Management. The Coastal Management Specialist - Projects
Coordinator, will work with a team to support NOAA-led efforts to
build coastal resilience through the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law.
The team will work with regional and national leadership and staff
to engage coastal partners and other federal entities within the
(Insert Region from Below) to understand restoration and
conservation priorities, and needs and challenges. The Coastal
Management Specialist - Projects Coordinator will focus on
supporting the work of state Coastal Zone Management Programs and
National Estuarine Research Reserves to plan, engage with partners,
and implement coastal habitat restoration and conservation
(acquisition) projects.Duties of the Coastal Management Specialist
- Projects Coordinator will include the Following:
- Serve as Program Officer (PO) to provide guidance and oversee
financial assistance awards for habitat restoration, land
conservation, and habitat restoration planning projects funded
under the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL).
- Conduct necessary environmental compliance for cooperative
agreement tasks, including relevant post-award actions, and
coordinate with OCM Environmental Compliance coordinator for
guidance and approval.
- Provide subject matter expertise and regional coordination on
habitat restoration and land conservation issues.
- Provide subject matter expertise and regional coordination
support on ocean and coastal management issues including
nature-based infrastructure, and related coastal resilience
challenges and needs.
- Coordinates with NOAA staff to understand broader challenges,
program contexts, and potential opportunities and priorities for
- Identify project highlights and other opportunities to
communicate project success stories.RequirementsThe Coastal
Management Specialist - Projects Coordinator, should meet the
- Master's degree in Environmental Policy, Marine Policy, or a
related field, plus 3 additional years of relevant professional
- Experience in coastal and ocean management climate resilience
and habitat restoration challenges confronting coastal and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to
- Strong ability to be organized, detail-oriented, manage time to
achieve project objectives to meet deadlines, and work both
independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with management,
colleagues, and external partners.The Ideal Coastal Management
Specialist - Projects Coordinator, will have the Following
- Documented experience in environmental planning, policy,
technical, and regulatory support for the Federal Government.
- Experience with managing aspects of grants, experience with
budgeting or contracts, or experience with managing land
acquisition projects would be a BIG PLUS!
- Experience working with a variety of partners, such as
state/territorial and federal agencies, environmental justice or
tribal communities, academia, and nongovernmental organizations
would be a BIG PLUS!
- Experience developing and tracking project milestones and
strategic planning would be a BIG PLUS!About LynkerLynker is a
growing, employee owned certified small business specializing in
professional, scientific and technical services. Our continually
expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature,
results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound,
cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial
analysis, information technology, resource management,
conservation, and management and business process improvement.We
focus on putting the right people in the right place to be
effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our
streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented
professionals to tackle our customers' scientific and technical
priorities - creatively and effectively.Lynker offers a
team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits,
and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled
and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative
solutions.Lynker is an E-Verify employer.Lynker is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities,
individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Keywords: New York State Economic Development Council, Honolulu , Coastal Management Specialist - Projects Coordinator, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!