Director of Sales
Company: Romer Waikiki at the Ambassador
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
The Ambassador Hotel is located in the heart of Waikiki, on the
south shore of Honolulu. The hotel is a comfortable home away from
home, where our friendly staff and warm service perfectly capture
the 'Spirit of Aloha'. Enjoy our spacious accommodations with all
of the amenities of home. The Ambassador Hotel Waikiki offers 311
spacious guest rooms accommodations with all of the amenities of
The Director of Sales is responsible for directing, coordinating,
training and supervising the Sales Managers, Catering Manager(s)
and Sales/Catering Administrators/Coordinators/Administrative
Assistants in all sales-related activities, including direct sales
efforts, follow-up and proper sales administration. He/she is also
responsible for growing existing accounts and generating new
business to ensure that Room revenues and Catering revenues meet or
exceed budget in order to maximize revenue and profits, and to
improve the hotel's performance in the marketplace.
- Supervise, administer and ensure timely completion of all
activities of the Sales Department.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the
hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and
SOP's, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by
the sales team.
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to
predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
- Meet or exceed set goals
- Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense
- Participate in required M.O.D. and Saturday office coverage as
- Be responsible for developing a Manager in Development (MID or
DOSID) as assigned by the Corporate including sign-off on all
competencies, and assist in his/her placement.
- Coordinate group, transient and catering bookings to maximize
- Initiate and follow up on leads.
- Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends
within your market and ensure that the Sales Team is held
accountable for those accounts within their respective
- Coordinate all non-group transient sales and catering
solicitations to maximize overall profits.
- Administer training in the Sales and Catering departments,
according to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely
- Conduct weekly sales meetings according to Highgate Hotel
- Develop quarterly KRA's, and review the KRA process with the
Sales and Catering Team to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Conduct daily Highgate Hotel Business Review (HHBR) meeting
with Sales and Catering, operations staff and General Manager.
- Be familiar with all Highgate Hotel sales policies and selling
techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy, Average Daily
Rate (ADR) and Banquet and Catering revenues.
- Conduct all Sales and Catering Team Performance Appraisals
according to Highgate Hotel SOP's.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Sales and Catering
department personnel according to Highgate Hotel SOP's.
- Review meeting planner evaluations as received to ensure that
any problems are rectified.
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel
with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property,
and ensure that all Sales Managers conduct thorough site
- Develop strategies to increase share from competitors when the
hotel revenue penetration goals are not being met.
- Use your property's computerized sales management system to
manage the hotel's business, including (but not limited to)
generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building
- Monitor the Sales incentive plans and ensure that Sales staff
can explain their potential earnings and benefits, and assist in
ensuring that incentives are processed and paid according to the
specified time period for each plan.
- Ensure that Sales and Catering Managers are planning and
executing sales trips as outlined in quarterly Key Result Areas
(KRA's) and in the Sales budget, including preplanning, setting
appointments and executing sales calls.
- Coordinate the preparation of complete and accurate
end-of-month reports, according to Highgate Hotel SOP's. Ensure
that Sales Managers can explain the importance and components of
- Coordinate preparation of the annual revenue budget.
- Coordinate preparation of the annual Marketing Plan.
- Coordinate and direct preparation of the monthly Rooms revenue
reforecast for the current and upcoming months and assist in
ensuring accuracy within 5% margin of error.
- Meet and greet onsite contacts.
- Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST) and ensure that the Sales
Team does the same.
- Understand all GDS systems.
- Understand ISIS.
- Understand loading rates into ISIS/GDS. M
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation
in community and professional associations activities and
- Entertain clients.
- React to negative trends in the market place by implementing
blitzes or promotions.
- Handle inquiries as part of Inquiry Day Program. Qualifications
- At least 6 years of progressive hotel sales experience; or a
4-year college degree and at least 3 years of related experience;
or a 2-year college degree and at least 5 years of hotel sales
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must have a driver's license in the applicable state.
- Must be proficient in MS Windows (Excel, Word, Powerpoint,
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information,
data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Keywords: Romer Waikiki at the Ambassador, Honolulu , Director of Sales, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!