Environmental Services / Custodial Manager
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Unit DescriptionEmployer is hiring an Enivironmental Services, Custodial Manager 2 for Straub Medical Center. This is a fully integrated not-for-profit medical center with a 159-bed hospital in Honolulu, a network of neighborhood clinics and a visiting specialist program that reaches throughout the state of Hawaii. Our Custodial Manager 2 will work a first shift schedule. Straub is home to the Pacific Regions only multi-disciplinary burn treatment center. Straub is fully accredited by The Joint Commission, an independent nonprofit organization that certifies health care organizations and programs in the United States.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Employer is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 125,000 Employer employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 9,000 client sites and more than 15 million customers a day in North America.
Our Health Care Environmental Services/Housekeeping teams work to direct housekeeping operations at health care client locations, partnering with them to deliver innovative solutions. These teams also have responsibility for driving client satisfaction by providing stellar customer service via effective communication with all levels of hospital staff, as well as follow-through with action items that impact both client and patient satisfaction.
Are you the experienced Environmental Services/Housekeeping Manager were seeking?
We are looking for a candidate who:
- is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service and the technical execution of a health care housekeeping system;
- has in-depth knowledge of Employer ES systems and processes including TRAKKAR, UOS, Gold Check, ENGAGE and black light inspections;
- possesses strong leadership skills and has the ability to work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- has 1-2 years previous custodial or housekeeping management experience in a hospital or healthcare environment;
- has the ability to analyze data, present and effectively communicate to all levels within the organization related to training, leading hospital committees and change management;
- has experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- has experience improving patient satisfaction, and driving full compliance to HCAHPS, local, state and Joint Commission standards;
- is proficient with computers and other technology;
- has experience with vendor and contract management, as well as union and contract negotiations;
- has strong financial acumen and budget management experience
- Responsible for driving client and patient satisfaction scores
- Provides a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff
- Works with the Environment of Care Committee and Infection Prevention Director
- Effectively manages the Unit Operating System
- Supports a diverse and inclusive workforce
Working for Employer in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Employers unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Working for Employer:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Employer fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Employer a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance every day.
Are you ready to start your Employer career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Employer, we offer Environmental Service/Housekeeping positions in Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for ES/Housekeeping jobs.Position SummaryProvides management oversight for Environmental Services non-exempt level staff (client and/or Employer employees) in the delivery of Employer Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Employer Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place as required to consistently meet all company, client, and regulatory requirements. Responsible for non-exempt work force planning through effective scheduling, development of daily work flow assignments, training and development, and monitoring for compliance to the plan.
Key Duties-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Employer safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory maintenance.
-Provide leadership and direction to non-exempt employees-Coordinate/conduct employee training-Administer Human Resource processes (hiring, performance reviews, constructive counseling, prepare work schedules, payroll, etc.)-Interact with outside vendors-Ensure Employer Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place and consistently met.-Develop/implement action plans for improvement in compliance with Employer Operating Standards as identified. -Reviews and maintains assigned areas of the Employer/Client budget commitmentsQualifications & RequirementsBasic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Employer is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Keywords: Sodexo, Honolulu , Environmental Services / Custodial Manager, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!