Maintenance Director-Ohana Military Communities (MCBH Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii)
Company: Hunt Companies, Inc
Posted on: March 19, 2019
Job DescriptionThe Maintenance Director is responsible for maintaining the physical condition of asset in a safe, attractive, and comfortable condition including, but not limited to, establishing preventive maintenance programs, safety, compliance, performing property and equipment inspections, maintaining the project inventory, supervising personnel, assigning maintenance tasks, and preparing work schedules, and ensuring compliance with all maintenance related policies. Essential Job Functions
- Performs all tasks typically associated with managing staff such as, recruit, hire, train, coach, evaluate and discipline up to and including termination of direct reports.
- Schedule, train, supervise, and evaluate all subordinate maintenance personnel. Ensure property goals for response and completion times are met.
- Prioritize work orders, and follow up on assignments to ensure completion. Oversee, prepare, and approve Purchase Orders and order all parts and supplies.
- Establish emergency on-call procedures.
- Responsible for all company owned equipment and small tools. Coordinating or performing equipment maintenance inspection process and records.
- Supervise the make ready of vacated units.
- Make regular inspections of the property.
- Managing system for handling resident service requests.
- Establish preventive maintenance procedures. Maintaining accurate records regarding preventive maintenance requests and expenditures.
- Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning work scheduling, billings, vendor relations and certifications of insurance. Approve and submit all invoices to corporate office for payment.
- Assist the Community Director in performing annual / semi-annual unit inspections.
- Assist in all aspects of the project’s maintenance, including grounds, custodial, preventive, corrective, deferred, and emergency.
- Contribute to resident retention programs.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state, and federal safety rules.
- Conducting regularly scheduled safety meetings, and oversight of SHARK Program, inclusive of monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Provides technical guidance and inspects work to ensure it is performed per requirements, writes specifications for new equipment purchases.
- Operate financially within the approved budgets. Approve invoices for payment and review expense reports and handle all funds.
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property and departmental policies, procedures, and standards.
- Conducts regular property inspections and takes appropriate actions to ensure that the physicalcleanliness, and general appearance and appeal.
- aspects of the property, grounds, buildings, and amenities meet established standards for safety,
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.EducationAn undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in Business Administration, Engineering, Construction Management, or other related discipline; in the absence of a degree, directly-related job experience in the maintenance of multi-unit residential houses, apartment complex or other public use structures, where proven knowledge may offset the degree requirement.Experience and Qualifications
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Have knowledge of the following trades/skills: electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, and general building maintenance and 5 or more years’ experience in building maintenance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Perform work outside in all weather conditions and perform physical work, as well as to lift weights of up to 50 pounds regularly and above 50 pounds occasionally.
- Willing and able to work occasional on-call shifts.
- Previous experience managing other highly desirable.
- EPA HVAC Certification required.EEO/ADAHunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.#ZRMHCompany DescriptionHunt employs over 1,500 direct employees among 46 offices nationwide. Hunt Companies’ broader platform (including affiliates) employs over 6,000 additional employees across 80 offices in the United States. In addition to tremendous opportunities for growth and development in your chosen career path, you will also gain invaluable experience working with one of the premier real estate services companies in the United States.As a family-owned company, we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset. We’re proud of our reputation for strong human capital, and remain dedicated to providing our employees with essential tools to foster both personal and professional growth. And, while we are committed to offering competitive salaries and a strong benefits package, we understand the important role company culture plays in employee longevity—and work tirelessly to promote a healthy working environment for our entire corporate family.
Keywords: Hunt Companies, Inc, Honolulu , Maintenance Director-Ohana Military Communities (MCBH Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii), Executive , Kaneohe, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!