Assistant Store Manager
Company: Par Pacific
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Align Your Career with Entrepreneurial Leader That\'s Hiring with
an Eye to the Future
Enjoy Great Benefits and Employee-Friendly Culture at Fast-Growing
Operator of 90 C-Stores on 5 Islands
Bring your business savvy and leadership skills to Par Pacific.
Why? As an Assistant Store Manager, you will:
* Earn excellent compensation, including bonus potential and great
benefits. For example, when you combine vacation and personal time
off, you will start off with four weeks of paid time off.
* Run your nomnom store with A degree of autonomy (according to
SOPs, of course), and we'll also provide support, including strong
* Be able to Showcase your potential to move up, in the future,
perhaps to an Area Manager role.
* Join our ohana -- we truly Care for our employees and promote a
* Enjoy the Energy and excitement of a fast-growing company
diversified across retail, refining and logistics.
We have opportunities for Store Managers and Assistant Store
Managers throughout the Islands, so feel free to share this
information with your network. To meet the basic qualification for
this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in
the United States for any employer without requiring a visa
transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the
Assistant Store Manager opportunity, you will have:
* A high school diploma or GED preferred
* Experience in retail sales and handling cash required.
* Supervisor experience preferred
* Perform basic math accurately
* A valid driver s license, and adequate transportation for banking
and fuel surveys.
* Maintain a safe work environment for employees and customers by
setting safety as a priority
* Ensure pump islands, lot and store areas are clean and free of
debris at all times.
* Work with Safety team and conduct monthly mandatory meetings and
* Report safety incidents in a timely manner and comply with safety
programs and processes
* Conduct timely and in-depth incident investigations to uncover
root causes, and accurately prepare and submit required reports and
paperwork within required
LEADERSHIP AND PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT
* Train, develop, guide and evaluate employees to operate the
station effectively and safely to provide superior customer
* Maintain a professional and supportive image among subordinates
* Work with recruiting team to actively recruit, interview and
select qualified applicants utilizing non-discriminatory management
* Prepare and submit all employee paperwork accurately and timely
i.e. (performance appraisals, performance notices, new hire
checklist, employee change forms, etc.)
* Ensure that all employees receive continuous on-the-job and
company required training to improve customer service performance
and safety awareness
* Motivate and provide employee recognition to improve individual
and station performance
* Address employee performance and violation issues. Implement a
progressive disciplinary approach when dealing with employee
performance issues, prepare and submit the proper documentation
* Set and communicate performance expectations, and evaluate actual
performance based on those expectations. Prepare on-going
performance appraisals in writing for all employees, providing
proper performance based feedback.
* Develop potential employees through coaching and training so they
are ready for promotion to the next level
* Carry out all company policies
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SITE RELATIONSHIPS
* Consistently provide prompt and courteous customer service, may
be required to assist customers at the gas pump, and assists in
resolving customer issues.
* Accurately ring up all sales on POS system; comply with all cash
handling procedures including checks, and other types of payment
received for products sold.
* Develop positive and professional relationships with all
customers, vendors and contractors.
* Is responsible for all cash, monies, and inventory during
* As a top priority, develop and assign tasks appropriately to
ensure that the site is clean, adequately stocked, and organized
for fast, convenient and professional service to customers
* Ensure a clean, friendly and well-maintained station environment
to provide customers with a buying experience that meets their
* Monitor customer needs and expectations, and work with station
employees to ensure those needs are met. Assist customers at the
pump and in the store to find the desired product and operate
* Actively solicit customer feedback via consistent personal
* Ensure complaints are resolved quickly and sincerely to the
customer's, vendor s and contractor s satisfaction.
* Promote and ensure a safe, positive public image within the
* Promote Kama aina Rewards program and administer as needed
BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
* Plan and manager station activities to maximize operating
* Monitor fuel sales volume and competitor pricing to assist the
pricing analyst in development of station specific fuel pricing
strategies and tactics
* Monitor non-fuel movement and competitor offerings to assist in
development of station specific product mix and pricing
* Maintain store layout and product displays per schematics
* Execute station level sales promotions and assist in implementing
network-wide promotional and advertising campaigns
* Manage fuel and non-fuel inventory to ensure optimum stocking
* Staff and schedule labor to meet customer demand while staying
* Control operating expenses, including maintenance, utilities,
supplies and inventory loss
* Prepare and submit daily sales reports accurately and timely,
including, invoices, bank deposits, and environmental compliance
* Safeguard and account for all money received and disbursed
* Organize and maintain all site files, manuals, and other
* Receive merchandise using proper check-in procedures when working
* Work with Retail Facility team to maintain appearance standards
of paving, lighting, canopy and other physical structure
* Report and follow up on facility issues as needed
* Ensure facilities and equipment are in safe working order
* Maintain dispensing and store equipment to ensure clean,
sanitary, and safe working condition at all times.
* Ensure required signage/decals are posted
* Maintain a professional and supportive image among subordinates
* Work with Store manager to create, maintain, and improve
teamwork, and provide training assistance to new associates.
* Assist with scheduling staff working hours
Par Pacific Holdings, Inc., based in Houston, Texas, owns, manages
and maintains interests in energy and infrastructure businesses.
Par Pacific's business is organized into three primary segments of
refining, retail and logistics. We have refining and logistics
assets in Hawai'i and Wyoming and a retail distribution network in
Hawai'i. We also own an equity investment in Laramie Energy, LLC, a
joint venture entity focused on producing natural gas in Garfield,
Mesa and Rio Blanco Counties, Colorado. Par Pacific has an active,
opportunistic growth strategy.
Note: Par Pacific will not accept calls from third-party
recruiters. All candidates are required to apply through this web
Par Pacific is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Par Pacific, Honolulu , Assistant Store Manager, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!