Rehab Nursing Aide (Call-in; Evening)
Company: Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific
Posted on: January 9, 2021
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what
they're doing!We're committed to bringing passion and customer
focus to the business.Position Title: Rehab Nursing AideFLSA
Status: Non-ExemptReports To: Nursing SupervisorPOSITION
SUMMARY:Under the supervision and/or direction of a Nursing
Supervisor and/or Staff RN, performs various duties in the
treatment and care of patients, in accordance with established
policies and procedures of the hospital.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :CORE
VALUESModels REHAB's core values, HEART, in daily actions. Honesty
- Speak and act with truth and respect. Engagement - Embrace and
commit to our mission, vision and values. Aloha - Serve others with
a spirit of kindness and compassion. Resilience - Rebound and
recover with a sense of urgency. Teamwork - Work together for
success.PATIENT CARE ACTIVITIES
- Provides appropriate patient care as directed by the RN/LPN and
reports any changes in patient condition.
- Performs treatments and procedures as directed, including
intermittent catheterization, enemas, skin treatments, infection
control and isolation procedures.
- Obtains and records vital signs.
- Monitors and records intake and output.
- Follows fluid restrictions
- Assists patients during meals utilizing feeding guidelines.
Thickens liquids per speech guidelines.
- Makes frequent patient rounds and responds to call lights and
patient needs on a timely basis.
- Transports patients to various areas. Follows ADL and mobility
instructions on the flow sheet.
- Obtains and records patient's accurate weight and height
- Inputs required data (such as: VS, O2 Sat, pain scale, and
other patient related data) into the automated documentation
- Provides feedback to the licensed staff regarding a patient's
usual functional performance especially related to mobility,
feeding, ADLs, motor skills, cognitive skills, bladder and bowel
and other related patient activities.
- Understands the diversity of patient's needs, and demonstrates
the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to
the patient.SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- Reports equipment that is out of order, secures equipment in
- Demonstrates understanding of emergency procedures, disaster
plans and procedures.
- Responds appropriately to emergencies such as Code 500, Fire or
Disaster drills, Code Green, etc.
- Follows and enforces Infection Control policies and
procedures:1. Universal precautions2. Use of gloves3. Isolation
precaution4. Disposal of contaminated items5. Hand washing
technique pre and post patient care and other related activities.
- Practices safety guidelines required for safe mobility,
transfer, proper body mechanics in the delivery of patient care and
performance of job duties.
- Uses appropriate equipment for personal and patient
- Performs patient safety goals established by the organization
in the daily provision of patient care. Examples but not limited
to: using two (2) patient identifiers in the performance of patient
care; frequent rounds, observation and documentation of patients
considered high risk, bedside report with the incoming shift for
patient endorsement; equipment checks such as RN alert, call lights
and other related patient care equipment.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment.PROFESSIONALISM
- Incorporates professionalism and demonstrates customer service
in the daily delivery of care through positive communication and
positive interpersonal relationship with internal and external
- Respects patient's rights and preferences.
- Maintains confidentiality of information during and related to
the course of work and performance of duties.
- Demonstrates commitment to quality services.
- Completes assignments within scheduled work hours.
- Accountable to start and end work based on designated work
shift. When appropriate, obtains approval from the supervisor for
changes and/or variances.
- Observes and follows house rules and dress code.
- Attends and participates in inservices, conferences and
educational programs to assure continued professional growth and
maintains unit education record.
- Complies with and updates yearly skills review per policy and
timely completes requirements needed to maintain position and/or
employment at REHAB.
- Demonstrates competence with technical skill review of
procedures, treatments, and equipment usage.
- Keeps self updated on hospital and unit announcements,
including updated policies and procedures.
- Offers recommendations to improve processes and/or operations
of the department.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.OTHER FUNCTIONS:
- Performs other duties as assigned .SCOPE OF PRACTICE:The
population served includes individuals affected by stroke,
orthopedic related conditions, brain and spinal cord injury,
amputation, major multiple trauma, and other neurological and
medical conditions. REHAB's patients range from pre-teen to
geriatric age ranges.JOB SPECIFICATIONS:REQUIRED
- Current healthcare BLS certification
- Completion of competencies and other job-related and REHAB
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) training
- If a current nursing student, completion of at least one (1)
semester of clinical fundamentals in a RN or LPN degree
- Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in
- Familiarity with standard hospital procedures.
- Ability to safely and effectively manage patients'
- CNA CertificationSkills/Experience:
- At least six (6) months of paid nursing experience in acute
care, long term care, or home health care setting or equivalent
combination of education and experience.EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, WORK AIDS
USEDNursing supplies and equipment. Records and forms. Automated
system for documentation and other related patient care
activities.If you like wild growth and working with happy,
enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Keywords: Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific, Honolulu , Rehab Nursing Aide (Call-in; Evening), Healthcare , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!