Practical Nurse/Vocational Nurse
Company: Patelco Credit Union
Posted on: February 24, 2021
An official website of the United States government Many
vacancies in the following locations: YesYou may qualify for
reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency
policy. This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation
utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to
recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the
About the Position:
This is an open continuous announcement. Multiple vacancies exist
and may be filled from this announcement at any of the locations
listed. We accept applications on an ongoing basis; qualified
applicants will be considered as vacancies become available.
- Obtain information from patients and/or family to identify
major complaints, symptoms, or reason for seeking health care.
- Take vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse,
respiration, pain level, height, weight, measurement of head
circumference and length); perform a behavioral health
- Provide individualized nursing care to patients based upon the
physician's medical plan, the nursing assessment and the physical,
mental and emotional needs of the patient.
- Screen and review immunization records to select required
immunizations, correct dosages, and administer oral, intradermal,
subcutaneous, intramuscular immunizations to all age groups.
- Assist physician with various examinations and diagnostic
- Perform teaching to patients and/or family regarding self-care
procedures and documents teaching. Travel Required Occasional
travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a
Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness
determination, as determined by a completed background
- A Personnel Security Investigation is required.
- This position may have specific initial background
investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its
duties may require interaction with children and youth under the
age of eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis.
- Permanent Positions: Two year probationary period may be
- Term Positions: One year trial period may be required.
- Selectees will be required to sign a statement (Condition of
Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must
provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position subject to
applicant testing and random drug testing. Selectees will be
required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random
drug urinalysis testing.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is
required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants
may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on
the type of position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support
(BLS) certification through American Heart Association (AHA) or
American Red Cross. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not
- Applicants may be required to fulfill credentialing
requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical
- Work schedule may require the incumbent to work on call during
irregular work hours which may include evenings, weekends,
holidays, and/or varying work schedules.
- Position may be designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The
incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or
remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
- Moderate to heavy lifting may be required.
- Additional requirements may be determined as positions arise
and will be communicated during the hiring process if you are
selected. Qualifications Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the qualification requirements
described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience,
including volunteer work done through National Service programs
(e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g.,
professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community;
student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying
experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must
clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on
education, your transcripts will be required as part of your
application. Additional information about transcripts is in this
Basic Requirement for a Practical Nurse/Vocational Nurse:
- Licensure: A current license to practice as a practical or
vocational nurse in a State, territory of the United States, or the
District of Columbia; OR must have applied for a license to
practice. Applications of candidates possessing a license must be
accompanied by a certified or photostatic copy of the license, a
notarized statement attesting to the fact, or a citation of the
license number and State issuing it. Non-licensed candidates who
have completed their training may be appointed subject to obtaining
the required license during the probationary period. Those not
licensed must furnish the date on which they applied for a license
and the jurisdiction involved. No person appointed pending
licensure may be retained beyond the probationary period if
licensure has not been attained.In addition to meeting the basic
requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet
the qualification requirement listed below:
- Experience required: One year of nursing experience in a
hospital, outpatient clinic, nursing home, or other supervised
medical, nursing, or patient care facility that provided a
practical knowledge of human body structure and sterile techniques
and procedures, performing such duties as measuring patient's vital
signs, administering immunizations or medications via various
routes, screening or updating patient medical records and
performing routine procedures, such as electrocardiograms (EKGs),
pulmonary function tests, wound care, audiograms and vision
screenings. This definition of nursing experience is typical of
work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the
federal service (GS-05).Some federal jobs allow you to substitute
your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For
this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using
experience alone - no substitution of education for experience is
This announcement may be used to fill Practical/Vocational Nurse
positions in the following specialty areas: Office Automation (OA),
Administrative, Psychiatric, Advanced Practice,
Obstetric/Gynecologic, General, Primary Care, Pediatric, Sports
Medicine, Occupational/Community Health, Operating Room, Surgery,
Lead Practical Nurse, Orthopedic/Podiatry, Supervisory Practical
Nurse, Dermatology, Quality Assurance Evaluation, Gastroenterology,
Pulmonary or Instructor.
Some positions filled from this register will support the Federal
Government's response efforts to COVID-19. Education This job does
not have an education qualification requirement. Additional
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department
of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested
in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the
Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 - Medical position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you
do not have in electronic form, view the following link for
information regarding an Alternate Application .
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized,
subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an
agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government
- Federal employees in Hawaii are currently entitled to receive a
10.28% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) in addition to the base
salary. This is subject to change.
- Statutory return rights for current DoD employees are
applicable in many circumstances.
- For position located in Hawaii, applicants selected from the
contiguous United States (contiguous United States consists of the
48 adjoining U.S. states plus Washington, D.C., on the continent of
North America) will be afforded pay retention in circumstances in
which the basic rate of pay would otherwise be reduced if selected
for the position.
- Positions filled from this vacancy may be scheduled to transfer
to the Defense Health Agency (DHA) no later than 30 Sept 2021 in
accordance with the provisions of Section 702 of the National
Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017, Public Law 114-328.
The Act directed the DHA to take responsibility for the
administration (i.e., authority, direction, and control) of
military treatment facilities beginning 1 Oct 18. Employees will
become DoD employees upon transfer to the DHA.
- Permanent, term, part-time, intermittent or temporary positions
may be filled from this solicitation. Eligibility for benefits
depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position
is temporary, full-time, part-time or intermittent.
- Temporary Positions: A temporary position is time limited and
may be extended in one year increments to a maximum of three years
and may be terminated at any time during the duration of the
- Term Positions: A term position is time-limited and may be
extended to a maximum of eight years.
- Intermittent Positions: This position does not provide
guaranteed work hours each week and work will be assigned on an
intermittent "as needed basis." This position will NOT lead to a
full-time position. Intermittent employees are NOT eligible for
benefits (Health and Life Insurance) (Annual and Sick Leave).
- Position may require employee to wear a uniform and/or
- This may be an obligated position.
- Position may be designated as Emergency Essential.
- A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
- Salary negotiation may be available for those candidates who
are new to Federal service.
- Student Loan repayment may be authorized. You will be evaluated
for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application
package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the
questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the
qualification requirements listed on this announcement.
If, after reviewing your r--sum-- and/or supporting documentation,
a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications
and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position.
Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or
omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive
awards in your resume as that information may be taken into
consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be
required to provide supporting documentation.
Veterans and Military Spouses will be considered along with all
other candidates. Background checks and security clearance The
documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not
you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete
description of preference categories and the associated required
documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External) .
As described above, your complete application includes your resume,
your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which
prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these
documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application
package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the
specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate
material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and
qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain
hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per
week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If
your resume does not contain this information, your application may
be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume
.2. Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- License: This position has a license requirement. You MUST
submit a copy of your current, active, valid, unrestricted license.
See: Transcripts and Licenses .
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to
include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human
Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military
orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information
for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to
remove another person's personal information before you submit your
application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of
the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility. To
apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire
and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM
(EST) on06/30/2021 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You
will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you
do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before
beginning the application
- Follow the prompts to select your r--sum-- and/or other
supporting documents to be included with your application package.
You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to
include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded
documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package,
complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem
appropriate and click to continue with the application
- You will be taken to the online application which you must
complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online
application, verify the required documentation is included with
your application package, and submit the application. You must
re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS
account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that your application
package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the
questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing
date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus
- Additional information on how to complete the online
application process and submit your online application may be found
on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center .To verify the status
of your application, log into your USAJOBS account
(https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications
will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will
appear along with the date your application was last updated. For
information on what each Application Status means, visit:
Address MEDCOM Medcell Recruitment
DO NOT MAIL
Rock Island, IL 61299
US If you provided an email address, you will receive an email
message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application
package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications,
and quality ranking (as applicable) for this position. If you are
determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will
receive no further consideration. The Federal hiring process is
setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following
guidance. Equal Employment Opportunity Policy The United States
Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender
identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual
orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age,
membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental
status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Federal
agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with
disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application process should follow
the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part
of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the
hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable
accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. A reasonable
accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the
way things are usually done that enables an individual with a
disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal
access to job benefits. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973,
federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have
an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform
the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive
equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and
office-sponsored events. You can request a reasonable accommodation
at any time during the application or hiring process or while on
the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Keywords: Patelco Credit Union, Honolulu , Practical Nurse/Vocational Nurse, Healthcare , Kapolei, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!