Molecular Oncology Specialist
Company: Caris Life Sciences
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Level Experienced Job Location Honolulu, HI - Honolulu, HI
Remote Type N/A Position Type Full Time 4 Year Degree Salary Range
Undisclosed Travel Percentage Road Warrior Job Shift Day Job
Category Sales Description Job Title: Molecular Oncology
Specialist-- Position Summary: This is a senior sales role
primarily responsible for establishing growth within an assigned
territory through new account acquisition. The responsibilities
include identifying, prospecting, and closing new business at
potential accounts, mentoring the Account Managers within the
territory by acting as the Subject Matter Expert in the development
of existing accounts, leading, coordinating and positioning the
Account Managers in the overall growth strategy for the territory
and driving overall new growth in all accounts. The ideal candidate
will have a minimum of 5-7 years in oncology sales and a deep
understanding of tumor profiling, oncology practices, pathology
practices and strong prospecting skills. The Molecular Oncology
Specialist will be expected to interact with medical oncologists,
pathologists, surgical oncologists and gynecologic oncologists, as
necessary, and this interaction will take place, but is not limited
to, the oncology clinic, pathology lab, interventional radiology
suite and hospital operating room to assist in the procurement of
biopsies for diagnostic assessment. Job Responsibilities:
- Sells oncology services and products such as Molecular
Intelligence to Oncologists.
- Provides business solutions to community Oncologists.
- Analyze business opportunities and develop strategic sales
plans for assigned territory.
- Provides project management as assigned and in line with RBD
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with new and existing
- Utilize market oncology understanding and experience while
discussing the healthcare payer environment and its impact on
physicians and ancillary providers.
- Billing/Reimbursement support as it relates to patients,
practices and hospital customers.
- Understand information technology and how it interfaces with
physician office systems. Able to demo different technology
solutions, i.e. Portal, EMR connectivity and TC/PC, and advise on
hardware & software to enhance work flow efficiencies.
- Advises AVP on relevant client or market concerns.
- Provide regular visibility for AVP on industry trends, best
practices, and competitive insights.
- Develops and maintains "core" knowledge of competitive
products, services, technology solutions, and reimbursement/billing
- Provides necessary and appropriate post-sales service to
accounts, utilizing each opportunity to discover and pursue
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with key
personnel in assigned accounts as related to support ongoing
issues, and escalate support issues when customer satisfaction is
- Maintain all assigned company assets including laptop computer,
- Timely submission of all necessary administrative tasking
including; weekly reports, business plans, expense reports, CRM and
various other weekly tasks requested by AVP.
- Demonstrates "core" level knowledge of anatomical pathology,
technology solutions and competitive strategies through the use of
company resources, on the job training, in house literature,
marketing material, and sales brochures.
- Meet all assigned targets and goals set by management.
- Provide meeting and trade show support as required.
- Supports physicians with the complexity of the ordering and
interpretation of the CMI platform, and QC report quality/accuracy
which may require access to detailed protected health information
- Engages with on-site hospital billing department to follow-up
on specific claim details to support proper hospital payment, as
- Perform other related duties as assigned by AVP. Requirements:
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Possess high degree of understanding the client relationship
with physicians, their needs, and how we can provide service and
technology solutions for their pathology needs.
- Possess strong knowledge of oncology therapeutics, surgical
oncology intervention and molecular laboratory science. A working
knowledge of oncology biomarkers and associated drug response is a
- Possess strong working knowledge of the billing and
reimbursement laboratory landscape to be a resource to the
- Deep relationships with and access to medical and or surgical
oncology specialists is a must. Familiarity with local pathologists
is a major advantage.
- Strong knowledge of and access to regional hospital
- Demonstrated decision making ability towards solving problems,
while working under pressure and effectively communicating these
solutions to co-workers and customers.
- General understanding of business policies and practices.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge.
- Must be a self-starter requiring little supervision.
- Proficient computer skills, which must include: Microsoft Word,
Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. General working knowledge of
Internet for business use.
- Demonstrated ability to positively receive and respond to
feedback for improvement and development.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven
- Drive for Results (Service, Quality, and Continuous
Improvement) - Ensure procedures and processes are in place that
lead to delivery of quality results and continually reassess their
effectiveness to achieve continuous improvement.
- Communication - Excellent verbal and written communication
skills. Willingness to share and receive information and ideas from
all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired
- Teamwork - Commitment to the successful achievement of team and
organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help
other members of the team.
- Customer Service Focus - Demonstrate a focus on listening to
and understanding client/customer needs and then delighting the
client/customer by exceeding service and quality expectations.
Education, Certification/Licensure, and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, MBA
- 5-7+ years of successful oncology sales experience in a
diagnostic, medical device or pharma (both product and service)
- --Several successful years selling into the molecular profiling
and/or oncology space not exclusive of products and services
outside of the Caris product portfolio. This job description
reflects management's assignment of essential functions. Nothing in
this job description restricts management's right to assign or
reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Caris
Life Sciences is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to
diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit
discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual
orientation), national origin, age--(40 or
older),--disability--or--genetic information, or any other
protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local
laws. #*Please apply using the link below. Thank you! #LI -
Keywords: Caris Life Sciences, Honolulu , Molecular Oncology Specialist, Healthcare , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!