Pain Psychologist - Honolulu - call in / on call
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Important Update: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kaiser
Permanente is moving to a virtual recruitment process including
telephone and video interviews to help ensure the health and safety
of our employees, candidates, and communities. Also, some hiring
activities may be delayed or suspended in certain geographic areas
and job categories. For more information on Kaiser Permanente's
response to COVID-19, visit our Resource Center . Behavioral
Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Celebrating Inner Strength
With a wealth of resources and encouragement at your disposal, you
can focus on helping your patients sustain their journey to better
health. Pain Psychologist - Honolulu - call in / on call
Description: Provides variety of ambulatory behavioral health
services including evaluation. diagnosis. treatment planning. case
management & psychotherapeutic intervention to individuals,
families, groups &/or Intensive Outpatient Programs. Provides
services to adults of all ages, adolescents & children.
- Interviews member & evaluates their psychological & mental
status. Utilizes DSM IV to diagnose patients. Determines if member
is in crisis, at-risk, or suicidal/homicidal. Refers members in
need of immediate or urgent care to appropriate level of services,
w/in time frame established by policy. Collaborates w/ Call Center
or referring practitioner/provider when appropriate.
- Provides psychotherapy & counseling for individuals, families,
groups &/or Intensive Outpatient Programs. Utilizes a wide
range of intervention modalities, which support positive mental
health & enhanced individual or family functioning. Provides
services such as crisis intervention, brief therapy, cognitive &
behavioral therapies, skills training, supportive therapy, stress
management, family therapy.
- Assesses urgent or high-risk clinical situations & makes
appropriate interventions. Coordinates referral of patient to
psychiatrist or other clinician in timely fashion. Assists w/
admission to hospital or other specialized facility when needed.
Plans & provides appropriate follow-up & intensity of services
based on clients' needs. Assesses needs for psychological testing,
chemical dependency treatment or other specific services & makes
- Evaluates needs & appropriateness for psychopharmacological
therapy. Refers patients to physician or clinical nurse specialist
for medication evaluation per department guidelines. Maintains
basic knowledge of medications, indications & side effects for
commonly used psychotherapeutic agents.
- Plans, develops, implements, & leads therapeutic & educational
group programs to address needs of patient. Evaluates outcomes &
effects of treatment for individual patients & programs.
- Researches, collects & records data & information relating to
identification & treatment of behavioral & interpersonal problems
of patient. Formulates alternatives for interventions & approaches
for resolution of these problems. Assists to establish clinical
best practices & guidelines for delivery of service to population
of clients served.
- Assists & empowers clients to participate in their treatment
plan. Engages client in therapeutic relationship. Educates client
regarding mental health services & their benefits. Assists members
to use services appropriately. Makes appropriate recommendations &
referrals for patients to obtain information, support, services &
assistance they may need from Kaiser or community resources.
- Follow established guidelines & laws for assuring client safety &
confidentiality. Explains same to clients.
- Collaborates & consults w/ physicians & other interdisciplinary
clinical team members to support assessments & decision making.
Reviews difficult cases or quality assurance concern w/ clinical
team. Acts as consultant to team members & others in organization.
Utilizes skills w/ expertise of team members in management of
- Collaborates & communicates w/ primary care staff & others in
organization involved w/ care of patient. Acts as liaison between
mental health services & primary care, emergency department & other
- Maintains high level of clinical expertise. Remains knowledgeable
of current clinical conditions, methods, medications, theoretical
frameworks & interventions.
- This job description is not all encompassing. Basic
- Minimum one (1) year experience in chronic pain management or
fellowship training in pain management.
- Experience in conducting group therapy, intensive outpatient
treatment, and/or partial hospitalization programs.
- Experience in writing treatment plans.
- Doctoral degree in Psychology from an American Psychological
Association (APA) approved program in clinical psychology or from
an accredited institution with the graduate level training leading
to the doctoral degree meeting the requirements of Hawaii
Administrative Rules (HAR) 16-98-9.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid Hawaii Psychologist license (must meet education
requirement(s) for Hawaii State licensure).
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the
Professional Rescuer certification.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) and Taxonomy code required at
time of hire.
- Knowledge and experience in conducting assessments and using the
- Knowledge and experience with frequently used psychiatric
- Familiarity with statistical/analytical methods of
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, change
management, conflict resolution, decision making, group process
facilitation, influence, interpersonal relations, oral
communication, problem solving, quality management, teamwork, and
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in chronic pain
- Experience with inpatient settings.
- Experience with primary care.
- Experience with people who are chemically dependent.
- Experience in consultation/liaison.
- Training in Pain Management. Primary Location:
Hawaii,Honolulu,Mapunapuna Medical Offices Scheduled Weekly Hours:
1 Shift: Variable Workdays: Mon - Fri Working Hours Start: 8:00 AM
Working Hours End: 4:30 PM Job Schedule: Call-in/On-Call Job Type:
Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation:
NUE-HI-01-NUE-Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Category: Behavioral / Mental Health Department:
Neurology-Regular Clinic Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time Kaiser
Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse
and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care
Careers Our Events Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente
team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward
to seeing you! Sign up to receive information about opportunities
that relate to your interests.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Honolulu , Pain Psychologist - Honolulu - call in / on call, Healthcare , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!