Admissions Nurse (FT)
Company: Navian Hawaii
Posted on: January 12, 2022
In 1979, a team of visionaries created Hospice Hawaii, so that
the end of every journey would be just as beautiful as the
beginning by caring for people with life-threatening illnesses,
while providing relief from suffering, unwavering emotional
support, and unshakeable hope.Over the decades, the devoted staff
of Hospice Hawaii has carried forth this vision of caring.As we
expand our purpose to provide care for every life journey, our
Hospice Hawaii name has also evolved to Navian Hawaii. Formed from
the words "Navigator" and "Guardian," Navian is a modern take on
the critical roles each staff member performs. As navigators, the
Navian Ohana provides clarity and guidance through times of
uncertainty. As guardians, they provide healing and compassion.For
almost 40 years, Navian Hawaii, a local non-profit hospice, has
been a vital part of our community, caring for our neighbors,
friends and families with Aloha.Position Summary:Under the
supervision of the Admissions Manager, the Admissions Nurse is
responsible for generating and responding to referrals from
hospitals and other community partners. The Admissions Nurse will
possess or demonstrate the ability to develop strong relationships
with hospitals, physicians, nursing facilities and other referral
sources through outreach, education and networking. Working with
the physician and interdisciplinary team, the Admissions Nurse
provides education to patients and their caregivers about hospice,
evaluates for eligibility and works with the interdisciplinary team
to develop an initial plan of care utilizing principles of hospice
and palliative care.Primary Responsibilities:
- Ensures all communication with referral sources is prompt,
professional and emphasizes a strong commitment to customer
- Raises awareness of Navian Hawaii through the development of a
strong presence in the health care community through vigorous
outreach and education.
- Educates patients and their caregivers about Navian Hawaii's
philosophy and services as well as the transfer process, insurance
benefits, placement options and other necessary information.
Obtains and communicates all relevant patient data for the
determination of insurance benefits, discharge planning and care
- Coordinates patient admission to Navian service, facilitates a
smooth transition from hospital and/or transfer to contracted
facility, and arranges for the timely acquisition of all necessary
equipment and services.
- Documents and completes all activities in accordance with
hospice protocol within the regulatory time requirement.
- Provides report to nurse case manager, social worker, on-call
staff and other personnel to ensure a trans-disciplinary team
approach to patient and family care needs and goals.
- May be required to assume on-call duties after hours or on
holidays or weekends as assigned by the Admissions Manager.
- Engages in regular educational activities including those
offered through Hospice Hawaii, to improve own professional
- Performs other duties as required.Knowledge and Skills
- Strong hospital and community referral network or demonstrated
ability to develop one.
- Outstanding communication, education, public speaking and
customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, manage multiple tasks and
- Ability to collaborate with others on the interdisciplinary
team and with community partners.
- Skilled in providing holistic care to patients and their
families. Ability to identify and address psycho-social needs.
- Knowledge of Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
guidelines related to hospice care preferred.
- Familiarity with insurance providers including Medicare,
Medicaid and private insurance carriers.Experience and Educational
- A Current Hawaii RN License, in good standing. BSN
- At least two years experience in hospice, long term care, or
- Marketing/sales experience preferred.Employment
Requirements:All offers of employment at Navian Hawaii are
contingent on a candidate's successful completion of certain
requirements which include:
- A legally compliant background check
- Drug Screen & Physical Exam
- Navian Hawaii has also adopted a policy requiring all
associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
limited exemptions based on medical conditions or sincerely held
- TB ClearanceHours:Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5pmJob Type:
Keywords: Navian Hawaii, Honolulu , Admissions Nurse (FT), Healthcare , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!