Staff Nurse - Temporary Vaccination RN
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: May 12, 2022
This position is a Hawaii Nurses and Healthcare Professionals
bargaining unit represented position.
Provides nursing care and services to patients/families. Provides
direction to licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and nursing assistive
personnel. Delegates nursing care according to legal and regulatory
guidelines/statutes and organizational policies. Utilizes
reasonable judgment in carrying out prescribed medical orders of a
practitioner. Functions as primary nurse/total patient caregiver.
Serves as resource nurse. Acts as preceptor and takes charge duties
- Practices professional nursing and delegates nursing tasks to
nursing assistive personnel and provides direction to the LPN as
- Utilizes nursing process to deliver care.
- Performs any nursing task requiring nursing knowledge,
judgment, and skill.
- Administers medications. As appropriate, may administer
intradermal local anesthetic for IV placement.
- Teaches LPNs and nursing assistive personnel special tasks of
- Verifies staff competency to perform special tasks of nursing
care as appropriate.
- Is responsible and accountable for quality of nursing rendered
and adequacy of nursing care provided when special tasks are
delegated to nursing assistive personnel.
- Functions as primary nurse/total patient caregiver.
- Serves as resource nurse and acts as preceptor.
- Takes charge duties as assigned.
- Incorporates the KP Vision, Model and Values through out their
- Performs administrative and other duties and accepts
responsibility as assigned.
- May perform patient care to the extent necessary to maintain
clinical expertise, competency and licensing necessary to fulfill
job responsibilities and to direct the provision of care on the
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (Hawaii)
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- For Oncology Unit: ONS/ONCC Chemotherapy Immunotherapy
Certificate by Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) to be obtained within
one (1) year of hire and maintained thereafter.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, change
management, decision making, detail oriented, customer service,
influence, interpersonal relations, oral communication,
prioritization, problem solving, quality management, results
orientation, system thinking, teamwork, time management, written
- Inpatient Specialty Areas: Only departments in the Pediatrics,
Mother Baby, NICU, Labor & Delivery, Operating Room, Emergency,
Intensive Care, Hospital Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Ambulatory
Treatment, Clinical Decision Unit, Diagnostic Imaging, Oncology -
One (1) year experience in area of specialty or completion of
formal course in area of specialty within established
- Ambulatory Specialty Areas: Cardiology, Oncology, Gynecologic
Oncology, Population Management - One (1) year experience in area
of specialty or completion of formal course in area of specialty
within established timeframe.
- Experience working with electronic medical records.
- One (1) year experience or completion of formal course in area
- Coursework in basic EKG.
PrimaryLocation : Hawaii,Honolulu,Honolulu Medical Offices
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Variable
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun *Working days, shift,
start & end times are variable
WorkingHoursStart : 12:01 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 11:59 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Temporary
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : HNA-OPEIU-HNA
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Department : Hawaii Region - Med Svcs-Epidemic - 1208
Travel : Yes, 75 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Honolulu , Staff Nurse - Temporary Vaccination RN, Healthcare , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!