Physician Practice Assistant - Primary Care
Company: Queen's Health System
Posted on: June 23, 2022
The Queen's Health Systems is a nonprofit health care organization
with a rich history of caring for the people of Hawai'i. We have
four hospitals and more than 70 preventive, specialty health care
locations and labs throughout the Pacific region. And, as the
state's largest employer, we have 10,000 caregivers, medical staff,
and leadership to help you achieve optimal health and wellness.
Watch this video to explore our history and culture: Who Is Queen's
We currently have several opportunities across the system for this
position. Please indicate in your application if you have a
particular preference for location. You can also list in the
comments if you are interested in a particular department.
Vacancies as of 06/16/22:
Queens IUC Ocean Pointe
Queens IUC Pearl Kai
Queens Cancer Ctr Kuakini
Queens Cancer Ctr POB I
Womens Hlth POB II
Queens IUC Kapahulu
QHCC POB III 3rd Floor
TEMPORARY- Mobile Vaccine Clinics
QHCC POB III 4th Floor
Outpatient Pulmonary Clinic
Womens Health, POB II (Float)
Infusion Treatment Center
Queens Counseling Svcs
siI. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs administrative and related patient care functions and
activities to support the physician practice as assigned.
- Performs duties in compliance with regulatory requirements and
in accordance to established policies, procedures and
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Continuous: lifting to - pound, seeing, hearing, speaking,
- Frequent to continuous: sitting, standing, walking,
bending/stooping below waist level, squatting, twisting, reaching
above, at and below shoulders, repetitive arm/hand motion, lifting
up to 10 pounds.
- Occasional: kneeling, crouching, climbing, walking on uneven
ground, horizontal lift/carry up to maximum of 50 pounds with
assistance, floor to waist up to 35 pounds and pushing/pulling
maximum weight of 50 pounds of force.
- Operates computer and various office and medical equipment.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and communicable
- Work environment can be fast-paced and hectic.
- May require interisland travel to assist satellite clinics.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
- Completion of program/degree in one (1) of the following:
Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician,
Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse; or one (1) year of
direct patient care experience (preferably in a physician practice
setting) may be substituted for the program/degree
- Current CPR certification at BLS/HCP level
- Experience to demonstrate knowledge and familiarity with
computers and automated systems.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand
- Depending upon area of assignment, experience comparable to a
Patient Service Representative in a hospital may be preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet
Keywords: Queen's Health System, Honolulu , Physician Practice Assistant - Primary Care, Healthcare , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!