Physician Practice Assistant- CARD Gen Hale Pawaa (Full Time, 40, Day)
Company: Queen's Health System
Posted on: September 23, 2022
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Performs administrative and related patient care functions and
activities to support the physician practice as assigned.
- Performs duties in compliance with regulatory requirements and
in accordance to established policies, procedures and
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. PERFORMS RELATED PHYSICIAN'S PRACTICE DUTIES:
- Assists with patient care duties as assigned.
- May perform venipuncture/phlebotomy and administer
intramuscular, intradermal, and subcutaneous medication injections
[including vaccinations/immunizations] with competency
verification, and under the direct supervision and delegation of a
licensed provider via a documented protocol.
- Communicates pertinent information to patient and family,
physicians, staff and Medical Center departments as
- Documents patient's chart in accordance with procedures and
format. May provide scribe functions for the physician at
- May interpret hand written notes from physicians and transcribe
it into the medical record as necessary.
- Assists in maintenance of exam rooms, medical equipment and
supplies, medications, linens and forms and orders as
B. PERFORMS ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT FUNCTIONS:
- Registers, schedules and checks in patients for
- Answers telephones, takes, receives or relays messages.
- Responsible for processing patient charges and billing. Keeps
abreast of health record coding related to clinic services.
- Completes and types forms, reports, correspondence, vouchers,
purchase orders and other documents.
- Inputs data and compiles reports in accordance with established
procedures and guidelines.
- Opens, date stamps and distributes mail.
- Maintains accurate files for correspondence, inventory,
charges, payments, or other records.
- Assists in maintenance of office equipment, supplies and orders
C. Assists and participates in orientation programs; attends
in-service and education programs as assigned.
D. Develops and maintains technical and other job-related
E. Performs other related duties as assigned.
III. CORE VALUES/PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS:
- Demonstrates The Queen's Health Systems core values of
Compassion, Aloha, Respect and Excellence.
- Complies with all organization policies and procedures,
applicable laws and regulatory requirements.
IV. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
- Continuous: lifting to - pound, seeing, hearing, speaking,
- Frequent to continuous: sitting, standing, walking,
bending/stooping below waist level, squatting, twisting, reaching
above, at and below shoulders, repetitive arm/hand motion, lifting
up to 10 pounds.
- Occasional: kneeling, crouching, climbing, walking on uneven
ground, horizontal lift/carry up to maximum of 50 pounds with
assistance, floor to waist up to 35 pounds and pushing/pulling
maximum weight of 50 pounds of force.
- Operates computer and various office and medical equipment.
V. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS :
- Exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and communicable
- Work environment can be fast-paced and hectic.
VI. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
- Must meet one (1) of the following:
- Completion of program/degree in one (1) of the following:
Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician,
Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse; OR
- Nursing Student having completed a semester of clinical
fundamentals and a pharmacology course; OR
- Six (6) months of direct patient care experience (preferably in
a physician practice setting) or six (6) months of administrative
medical office experience in any one (1) of the following areas:
patient access or admitting, registration, scheduling, insurance
verification (preferably in a physician practice setting).
- Current CPR certification at BLS/HCP level.
- Experience to demonstrate knowledge and familiarity with
computers and automated systems.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand
- Depending upon area of assignment, experience comparable to a
Patient Service Representative in a hospital may be preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet
Keywords: Queen's Health System, Honolulu , Physician Practice Assistant- CARD Gen Hale Pawaa (Full Time, 40, Day), Healthcare , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!