Licensed Social Worker LSW - Emergency Department ED - Moanalua
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Sign-on bonus eligible position!--Serves as an integral member
of emergency department/CDU care team. Provides psychosocial
assessments, coordination and implementation of age appropriate
social medicine services to meet the needs of
patients/families/significant others in the emergency department
and CDU.Essential Responsibilities:
- Participates as a member of the ED/CDU care team providing
social medicine expertise in response to care team referrals and
case finding of high need populations (e.g. new diagnosis, terminal
illness, loss of function, lack of social support, grief and
bereavement, homeless, complex finances, etc.)
- Completes psychosocial assessments of patients in ED/CDU.
Identifies psychosocial needs, develops, and implements plan of
care. Documents according to departmental standards, Federal and
State regulations. Assures medical record documentation of patient
interaction and related tasks performed in a timely manner.
- Upon ED/CDU referral or case finding, assists patients and
their support system (e.g. friends, family) with coping strategies
related to illness.
- Conducts social medicine consultation and assistance for cases
invloving abuse, neglect, advance care planning, and legal decision
making (e.g guardianship)
- Provides information and referrals to community resources for
post discharge support.
- Applies knowledge base, theoretical concepts, specific
functional skills, and essential social values used to effect
change in human behavior, emotional responses, and social
- Contributes to the patient discharge planning process by
assessing patient and support systems choices and educating them on
the risks and benefits of their choices to facilitate
- Assists in coordination of discharge plan and assures patients
placement in approrpiate community based settings from ED/CDU.
- Provides information, resource identification and referral
services, mediation services, advocacy services, and education to
patients and their support system.
- Plans for and participates in development activities to keep
abreast of current trends in medical social work.
- Participates in performance improvement. Implements Quality
Improvement processes. Assists with development and implementation
of departments annual work-plan. Performs clinical record audits.
Maintains educational record and provides evidence of
- Participates in departmental functions such as staff meetings,
staff in-services, and committees, as assigned. Participates in
orientation of new personnel.Basic Qualifications:--Experience
- Minimum one (1) year experience in health care
- Masters degree in Social Work.--License, Certification,
- Licensed Social Worker (Hawaii) OR Licensed Clinical Social
- Basic Life Support within 0.5 months of hire from American
Heart Association--Additional Requirements:
- Experience with interdisciplinary team function.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, the psychosocial impact of
- Demonstrated ability to interrelate with physicians, nurses,
support staff, and patients.
- Familiar with care processes and systems in settings internal
and external to Kaiser Permanente.
- Knowledge of the principles of patient teaching and delegation,
care planning, and appropriate utilization of acute hospital, long
term care, and home care resources.
- Demonstrates customer-focused service skills.
- Knowledge of community resources, family dynamics, and the
- Keyboarding or typing skills.--Preferred Qualifications:
- N/AJob Schedule: Job Category: Behavioral Health, Social
Services & Spiritual Care
Keywords: Kaiser, Honolulu , Licensed Social Worker LSW - Emergency Department ED - Moanalua, Healthcare , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...