CRNA - Honolulu - Full-time
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Provides anesthesia care of patients including pre-anesthetic
preparation and evaluation, selection and administration of
anesthetic agents or other agents administered in management of
anesthetic care, anesthesia induction, maintenance, emergence, and
post anesthesia care. Supports life functions during peri-operative
period. Recognizes and takes appropriate action for untoward
patient responses during anesthesia. Observes and manages patients
emergence from anesthesia. Participates in life support of patient
including peri-anesthetic and clinical support functions.
Participates in periodic and joint evaluation of services.
- Provides pre-anesthetic preparation and patient evaluation.
Obtains appropriate health history. Ensures patient identification.
Recommends, requests, and evaluates pertinent diagnostic
- Documents pre-anesthetic evaluation. Obtains informed consent
for anesthesia. Selects and/or administers pre-anesthetic
- Selects, prepares and administers anesthetic agents or other
agents administered in management of anesthetic care. Informs
Anesthesiologist and/or surgeon of changes in patients
- Provides anesthesia induction, maintenance, emergence, and post
anesthesia care. Inserts invasive line catheter/devices. Performs
tracheal intubation and extubation, airway management. Provides
mechanical ventilation. Performs venous and arterial punctures.
Obtains blood samples. Performs and manages regional anesthetic.
Manages patients fluid, blood, electrolyte and acid base balance.
Provides perianesthetic invasive and non-invasive monitoring
utilizing current standards and techniques. Responds to abnormal
findings with corrective action. Recognizes and treats cardiac
dysrhythmias through use of perianesthetic electrocardiogram
- Evaluates patient response during emergence from anesthesia.
Institutes pharmacological or supportive treatment to insure
adequacy of patient recovery from anesthesia and adjuvant drugs.
Provides post anesthesia follow-up, report, and evaluation of
patients response to anesthesia and for potential anesthetic
complication. Takes appropriate corrective actions. Requests
consultation whenever indicted.
- Documents anesthesia related care.
- Identifies and manages emergency situations. Initiates or
participates in cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Provides consultation and implementation of respiratory and
- Performs or orders equipment safety checks as needed. Notifies
supervisor or Anesthesiologist of needed equipment
adjustments/repairs. Cleans and sterilizes equipment. Orders
- May perform patient care to the extent necessary to maintain
clinical expertise, competency and licensing necessary to fulfill
job responsibilities and to direct the provision of care on the
- Performs procedures done outside of OR including but not
limited to intubation, arterial line placement IV insertions, etc.
and charts details in Health Connect.
- Provides direct patient care on an as needed basis. Provides
services that are within scope of license and in compliance with
all legal, regulatory, and policy requirements relevant to clinical
- Incorporates the KP Nursing Vision, Model and Values through
out their Nursing Practice.
- Graduate of accredited registered nursing program.
- Graduate of accredited nurse anesthesia program required at
- High school diploma OR General Education Diploma (GED)
License, Certification, Registration
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse License (Hawaii) within 6
months of hire
- Registered Nurse License (Hawaii) required at hire
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist National Certification
required at hire from National Board of Certification &
Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support required at hire from American
- Basic Life Support required at hire from American Heart
- Strong patient assessment skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in oral communication,
written communication, interpersonal relations, customer service,
adaptability, and change management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing PC
- Taxonomy code required at time of hire.
- Two (2)years of anesthesia care in acute setting
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Honolulu , CRNA - Honolulu - Full-time, Healthcare , Haleiwa, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...