Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Therapist - LCSW - Honolulu
Posted on: March 20, 2023
$10,000 sign-on bonus eligible position!
Provides ambulatory behavioral health services including
evaluation, diagnosis, treatment planning, case management and
psychotherapeutic intervention provided to individuals, families,
groups and/or Intensive Outpatient Programs.
- Assists with administration, development, implementation, and
evaluation of social work programs and policies.
- Conducts social work consultation. Performs clinical diagnosis
- Provides psychotherapy and counseling for individuals,
families, groups and/or Intensive Outpatient Programs. Utilizes a
wide range of evidence based interventions and modalities. Provides
services such as crisis intervention, brief therapy, cognitive and
behavioral therapies, skills training, supportive therapy, stress
management, and family therapy.
- Interviews member and evaluates their psychological and mental
status. Utilizes the latest Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of
Mental Disorders (DSM) to diagnose patients. Determines if member
is in crisis, at-risk, or suicidal/homicidal. Refers members in
need of immediate or urgent care to appropriate level of
- Assesses urgent or high-risk clinical situations and makes
appropriate interventions. Coordinates referral of patient to
psychiatrist or other clinician. Assists with admission to hospital
or other specialized facilities. Plans and provides services in the
appropriate level of care. Assesses needs for mental health
treatment and makes appropriate referrals as needed. Performs case
management, coordination, and monitoring of social work service
plans in areas of personal, social or economic resources,
conditions, or problems.
- Assesses treatment and prevention of psychosocial dysfunction,
disability, or impairment, including emotional and mental
disorders. Conducts preparation and evaluation of psychosocial
assessments and development of social work service plans.
- Helps patients enhance or restore their capacities for personal
and social functioning and preventing and controlling social
- Gathers information and identifies resource and referral
services for patient care. Educates client regarding behavioral
health services. Assists members to use services.
- Participates in or assists with therapeutic and educational
group programs. Evaluates outcomes and effects of treatment for
individual patients and programs.
- Researches, collects and records data and information relating
to identification and treatment of behavioral and interpersonal
problems of patient. Proposes alternatives for interventions and
approaches for resolutions.
- Collaborates and consults with physicians and other
interdisciplinary clinical team members to support assessments and
decision making. Reviews difficult cases or quality assurance
concern with clinical team. Acts as consultant to team members and
others in the organization.
- Maintains high level of clinical expertise. Is knowledgeable of
current clinical conditions, methods, medications, theoretical
frameworks and interventions. Utilizes best practices in delivery
of behavioral health services in accordance with professional and
clinical guidelines. Utilizes evidence based interventions and
modalities with sound theoretical base.
- Maintaining clinical records by documenting clinical
assessments, treatment plans, interventions and all pertinent
information in patient medical record according to Regional and
- Participates in clinical team meetings, departmental planning
and quality management activities.
- Assesses patients in Emergency Departments on after hours and
as needed basis in service areas where Kaiser Permanente has
privileges to provide mental health assessments and crisis
- Other clinical duties as assigned.
- Masters Degree in social work from an accredited college or
university, passing score on the clinical level national board
examination, and supervised clinical social work training, as
required by Hawaii Revised Statues (HRS) 467E-7.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Hawaii)
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire from American Heart
- Experience in providing evidence based treatment including
conducting individual, and group therapy, intensive outpatient
treatment, and/or partial hospitalization programs for children,
and/or adults, including people with serous/chronic mental
- Experience in writing treatment plans.
- Knowledge and experience in conducting assessments and
diagnostic evaluations using the latest Diagnostic and Statistical
Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM).
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, change
management, conflict resolution, decision making, group process
facilitation, influence, interpersonal relations, oral
communication, problem solving, quality management, teamwork and
- Taxonomy code required at time of hire.
- Note: This position requires successful completion of
credentialing process upon hire.
- Experience in providing behavioral health services in a primary
- Experience in providing services to patients with addictions
- Experience in providing Consultation/liaison Services to
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in documentation according to
national accreditation guidelines.
Job Category: Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual
Keywords: Kaiser, Honolulu , Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Therapist - LCSW - Honolulu, Healthcare , Haleiwa, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...