Psychologist Assistant EGRN
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Under the supervision of a Licensed Clinical Psychologist,
provides variety of ambulatory behavioral health services including
evaluation, diagnosis, treatment planning, case management and
psychotherapeutic intervention to individuals, families, groups
and/or Intensive Outpatient Programs. Under supervision, may
collaborate with psychiatric and allied health professional team
members to plan and direct each patients treatment
- All clinical services provided by the Psychologist Assistant
will be under the supervision of a licensed clinical
- Interviews and assesses member and evaluates their
psychological and mental status. Utilizes the latest Diagnostic and
Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) to diagnose patients.
Determines if member is in crisis, at-risk, or suicidal/homicidal.
Refers members in need of immediate or urgent care to appropriate
level of services. --
- Provides psychotherapy and counseling for individuals,
families, groups and/or Intensive Outpatient Programs. Utilizes a
wide range of latest evidence based interventions and modalities.
Provides services such as crisis intervention, brief therapy,
cognitive and behavioral therapies, skills training, supportive
therapy, stress management, and family therapy.
- Assesses urgent or high-risk clinical situations and makes
appropriate interventions. Coordinates referral of patient to
psychiatrist or other clinician. Assists with admission to hospital
or other specialized facilities. Plans and provides --services in
the appropriate level of care. Assesses needs for --mental health
treatment and makes appropriate referrals as needed.
- Plans, develops, implements, and leads therapeutic and
educational groups to address needs of patient. Evaluates outcomes
and effects of treatment for patients and programs. Confers and
consults with supervisor regarding members progress and treatment
and may consult with psychiatrist as well, if both are involved in
- Researches, collects and records data and information relating
to diagnosis. Formulates evidence based treatment interventions and
approaches foridentified diagnosis. --. Assists in establishing
clinical best practices and guidelines for delivery of service.
Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community
organizations to meet the needs of the members treatment to include
referral resources, as appropriate.
- Assists and empowers patients to participate in their treatment
plan. Engages patients in therapeutic relationship. Educates
patients regarding mental health services. Makes recommendations
and referrals for patients to obtain information, support, services
and assistance they may need from Kaiser or community resources
related to their behavioral health needs.
- Collaborates and consults with physicians and other
interdisciplinary clinical team members to support assessments and
decision making. Reviews difficult cases or quality assurance
concern with clinical team. Acts as consultant to team members and
others in organization.
- Acts as liaison between behavioral health services and primary
care, emergency department and other outpatient clinics.
- Maintains high level of clinical expertise. Is knowledgeable of
current clinical conditions, methods, medications, theoretical
frameworks and interventions. Utilizes best practices in delivery
of behavioral health services in accordance with professional and
clinical guidelines established by professional bodies. Understands
rationale and theory for interventions. Utilizes evidence based
interventions and modalities with sound theoretical base, which are
clinically feasible and have demonstrated clinical
- Maintaining clinical records by documenting clinical
assessments, treatment plans, interventions and all pertinent
information in patient medical record according to Regional and
departmental guidelines.Provides and arranges for psychological
testing for Integrated Behavioral Health Services when appropriate.
Develops and conducts specialized treatment programs and
- Participates in clinical team meetings, departmental planning
and quality management activities.
- Assesses patients in Emergency Departmenets on after hours and
as needed basis in service areas where Kaiser Permanente has
priviledges to provide mental health assessments and crisis
- Other clinical duties as assigned.Basic
- Completion of a minimum of 1,900 hours (48 weeks) in a clinical
psychology residency program.--Education
- Doctoral degree in Psychology from an American Psychological
Association (APA) approved program in clinical psychology or from
an accredited institution with the graduate level training leading
to the doctoral degree meeting the requirements of Hawaii
Administrative Rules (HAR) 16-98-9.--License, Certification,
- Psychologist License (Hawaii) within 24 months of hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire from American Heart
- Experience in providing evidence based treatment including
conducting individual and group therapy, intensive outpatient
treatment, and/or partial hospitalization programs for childrent,
and/or adults, including people with serious/chronic mental
- Experience in writing treatment plans.
- Knowledge and experience in conducting assessments and
disagnostic evaluations using the latest Diagnostic and Statistical
Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM).
- Familiar with frequently used psychiatric medications.
- Familiarity with statistical/analytical methods of
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, change
management, conflict resolution, decision making, group process
facilitation, influence, interpersonal relations, oral
communication, problem solving, quality management, teamwork, and
- Taxonomy code required at time of hire.--Preferred
- Experience with documentation according to national
- Experience in providing behavioral health services in a primary
care setting is highly desireable.
- Experience in providing services to patients with addictions
- Experience in providing consultation/liaison services to
emergency departments.Job Schedule: Job Category: Behavioral
Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care
Keywords: Kaiser, Honolulu , Psychologist Assistant EGRN, Healthcare , Hauula, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...