Nurse Practitioner - Cardiac/Cardiovascular Surgery
Posted on: May 26, 2023
This position is a Hawaii Nurses and Healthcare Professionals
Bargaining Unit represented position. - - -Job Summary:Provides
direct nursing care by utilizing advanced scientific knowledge,
nursing theory and skills to assess, plan, and implement
appropriate health and nursing care to patients, in addition to
performing registered nursing functions. Provides indirect nursing
care. Plans, guides, evaluates, and directs nursing care given by
other personnel associated with the health care team. Teaches and
counsels individuals or groups. Utilizes theories and skills to
increase communication and knowledge among all members of health
care team. Serves as a consultant and resource of advanced nursing
knowledge and skills to those involved directly or indirectly in
patient care. Participates in joint and periodic evaluation of
services rendered.Essential Responsibilities:
- Evaluates physical and psychosocial health status of the
patient through a comprehensive health history and physical
examination, using skills of observation, inspection, palpation,
percussion, and auscultation, and using or ordering diagnostic
instruments or procedures that are basic to nursing evaluation of
physical signs and symptoms.
- Assesses normal and abnormal findings from history, physical
examination, and diagnostic reports.
- Diagnoses patients health status and health care issues.
- Oversees and directs nursing, medical and clerical personnel in
provision of patient care.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates care.
- Consults with patient, support systems, and members of health
care team to provide for acute and ongoing health care or referral
- Manages plan of care prescribed for patient.
- Initiates and maintains accurate records, appropriate legal
documents, and other health and nursing care reports.
- Develops individualized teaching plans with patient based on
overt and covert health needs.
- Counsels individuals, families, and groups about health and
illness and promotion of health maintenance.
- Recognizes, develops, and implements professional and community
educational programs related to health care.
- Participates in periodic and joint evaluation of services
- Conducts research and analyzes health needs of individuals and
populations and designs programs which target at-risk groups and
cultural and environmental factors which foster health and prevent
- Participates in policy analysis and development of new policy
initiatives in the area of practice specialty.
- Contributes to development, maintenance, and change of health
care delivery systems to improve quality of health care services
and consumer access to services.
- Incorporates the KP Nursing Vision, Model and Values through
out their Nursing Practice.
- Performs other duties and accepts responsibility as
- May perform patient care to the extent necessary to maintain
clinical expertise, competency and licensing necessary to fulfill
job responsibilities and to direct the provision of care on the
unit. Basic Qualifications: Experience
- N/A Education
- Masters degree in nursing in relevant field of specialty.
License, Certification, Registration
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse License (Hawaii)
- Registered Nurse License (Hawaii)
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Nurse Practitioner National Certificate Additional
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in customer service,
conflict resolution, counseling, problem solving, decision making,
oral communication, written communication, interpersonal relations,
adaptability, change management, results orientation, and teamwork.
- Nurse Practitioner experience in specialty area.
- Demonstrated knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and
database PC applications.
- Valid Hawaii APRN Recognition with Prescriptive Authority (must
meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii state APRN prescriptive
authority).PrimaryLocation : Hawaii,Honolulu,Moanalua Medical
OfficesHoursPerWeek : 32Shift : DayWorkdays : Tue, Wed, Thu,
FriWorkingHoursStart : 08:00 AMWorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PMJob
Schedule : Part-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee Status :
RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : HNS-HNHP-Hawaii Nurses
and Healthcare ProfessionalsJob Level : Individual ContributorJob
Category : Nursing Licensed & Nurse PractitionersDepartment :
Moanalua Medical Center - Cardiac/Cardiovasculr Surg-MD -
1208Travel : Yes, 10 % of the TimeKaiser Permanente is an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, Honolulu , Nurse Practitioner - Cardiac/Cardiovascular Surgery, Healthcare , Waipahu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...