Psychologist - PsyD - All Islands - EGRN
Posted on: May 26, 2023
$10,000 sign-on bonus eligible position! -Job Summary:Provides
variety of ambulatory behavioral health services including
evaluation, diagnosis, treatment planning, case management and
psychotherapeutic intervention to individuals, families, groups
and/or Intensive Outpatient Programs.Essential
- Interviews member and evaluates their psychological and mental
status. Utilizes the latest Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of
Mental Disorders (DSM) to diagnose patients. Determines if member
is in crisis, at-risk, or suicidal/homicidal. Refers members in
need of immediate or urgent care to appropriate level of
- Provides psychotherapy and counseling for individuals,
families, groups and/or Intensive Outpatient Programs. Utilizes a
wide range of latest evidence based interventions and modalities.
Provides services such as crisis intervention, brief therapy,
cognitive and behavioral therapies, skills training, supportive
therapy, stress management, and family therapy.
- Assesses urgent or high-risk clinical situations and makes
appropriate interventions. Coordinates referral of patient to
psychiatrist or other clinician. Assists with admission to hospital
or other specialized facilities. Plans and provides -services in
the appropriate level of care. Assesses needs for -mental health
treatment and makes appropriate referrals as needed.
- Plans, develops, implements, and leads therapeutic and
educational groups to address needs of patient. Evaluates outcomes
and effects of treatment for patients and programs.
- Researches, collects and records data and information relating
to diagnosis. Formulates evidence based treatment interventions and
approaches for identified diagnosis. Assists in establishing
clinical best practices and guidelines for delivery of
- Assists and empowers patients to participate in their treatment
plan. Engages patients in therapeutic relationship. Educates
patients regarding mental health services. Makes recommendations
and referrals for patients to obtain information, support, services
and assistance they may need from Kaiser or community resources
related to their behavioral health needs.
- Collaborates and consults with physicians and other
interdisciplinary clinical team members to support assessments and
decision making. Reviews difficult cases or quality assurance
concern with clinical team. Acts as consultant to team members and
others in organization.
- Acts as liaison between behavioral health services and primary
care, emergency department and other outpatient clinics.
- Maintains high level of clinical expertise. Is knowledgeable of
current clinical conditions, methods, medications, theoretical
frameworks and interventions. Utilizes best practices in delivery
of behavioral health services in accordance with professional and
clinical guidelines established by professional bodies. Understands
rationale and theory for interventions. Utilizes evidence based
interventions and modalities with sound theoretical base, which are
clinically feasible and have demonstrated clinical
- Maintaining clinical records by documenting clinical
assessments, treatment plans, interventions and all pertinent
information in patient medical record according to Regional and
- Provides and arranges for psychological testing for Integrated
Behavioral Health Services when appropriate. Develops and conducts
specialized treatment programs and services.
- Participates in clinical team meetings, departmental planning
and quality management activities.
- Supervises and mentors residents and intern students as
- Assesses patients in Emergency Departments on after hours and
as needed basis in service areas where Kaiser Permanente has
privileges to provide mental health assessments and crisis
- Other clinical duties as assigned. Basic Qualifications:
- N/A Education
- Doctoral degree in Psychology from an American Psychological
Association (APA) approved program in clinical psychology or from
an accredited institution with the graduate level training leading
to the doctoral degree meeting the requirements of Hawaii
Administrative Rules (HAR) 16-98-9. License, Certification,
- Psychologist License (Hawaii)
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire from American Heart
Association Additional Requirements:
- Experience in providing evidence based treatment including
conducting individual and group therapy, intensive outpatient
treatment, and/or partial hospitalization programs for children,
and/or adults, including people with serious/chronic mental
- Experience in writing treatment plans.
- Knowledge and experience in conducting assessments and
diagnostic evaluations using the latest Diagnostic and Statistical
Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM).
- Familiar with frequently used psychiatric medications.
- Familiarity with statistical/analytical methods of
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, change
management, conflict resolution, decision making, group process
facilitation, influence, interpersonal relations, oral
communication, problem solving, quality management, teamwork, and
- Taxonomy code required at time of hire.
- Note: This position requires successful completion of
credentialing process upon hire. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with documentation according to national
- Experience in providing behavioral health services in a primary
care setting is highly desirable.
- Experience in providing services to patients with addictions
- Experience in providing consultation/liaison services to
emergency departments.PrimaryLocation : United States,United
States,HonoluluHoursPerWeek : 40Shift : DayWorkdays : Mon, Tue,
Wed, Thu, Fri,WorkingHoursStart : 8:00 AMWorkingHoursEnd : 5:00
PMJob Schedule : Full-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee Status :
RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : Job Level : Individual
ContributorJob Category : Behavioral Health, Social Services &
Spiritual CareDepartment : Mental Health/Psychiatry-O/PTravel :
NoKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, Honolulu , Psychologist - PsyD - All Islands - EGRN, Healthcare , Kapolei, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...