Pharmacy Technician FT
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Performs variety of semi-technical and clerical duties. Fills,
packages and provides medication. Restocks to fixed levels and
compounds or repackages following established policies, practices,
procedures or specific instructions and within Federal and State
statutes and regulations. Performs cashiering duties such as
collection of cash, check, or credit card payments for all
- Greets patients, members and other health care personnel in
caring, helpful manner and initiates service transactions using
proper forms and process.
- Refers all inquiries or issues regarding
patient-care/consultation to pharmacist.
- By typing or computer entry, Inputs patient and prescription
information to produce labels and to assist in prescription filling
- Matches prescriptions with labels. Selects proper drug and
quantity to be dispensed, fills container, applies labels and
presents completed product to pharmacist for checking.
- (May perform in hospital setting) As trained or qualified,
Prepares adequate supply of medication for unit dose
- (May perform in hospital setting) Processes Clinic and Hospital
Drug Requisitions. Receives, fills drug and medical supply
requests. Checks stock levels per schedule. Removes outdated goods
and replenishes to fixed levels.
- (May perform in hospital setting) Fills and updates unit dose
cassettes per determined supply.
- Assists with and/or provides medication (checked by
pharmacist), OTC product, or supplies to correct patient in helpful
and caring manner. Refers all consultation function to pharmacist.
Collects money if needed.
- (May perform in hospital setting) Picks-up and delivers
medications and supplies to designated areas or persons per
schedule (e.g. unit dose exchange, control substance, floor
- Calculates price for prescriptions or order. Sells
non-prescription drugs. Collects cash, check, or credit card
payments for all collectible services. Verifies information is
accurate on all checks. Assures valid authorization is received for
all credit card payments. Validates checks and credit slips and
issues receipts accordingly.
- Balances monies, checks, and credit card charge documents daily
against cash register receipts. Reconciles any discrepancy.
Prepares bank deposit.
- Gathers and computes data and information for variety of needs
pertaining to health plan, non-plan, special and routine reports,
studies, and statistics as necessary.
- Maintains accurate OTC charge schedules and price lists,
- Orders routine bank supplies for cashiering area. Assures all
equipment in cashiering area is operating in acceptable manner.
Advises supervisor of any malfunctions and/or Reports same to
appropriate service company.
- (May perform in hospital setting) Maintains appropriate level
of drugs and supplies for operations.
- Orders, receives, stores, returns, credits, and discards drugs
- Packs, compounds, reconstitutes, and distributes inventory for
issue, transfer or dispensing.
- Files prescriptions and any transaction document of pharmacy
operations timely and appropriately.
- Accepts responsibility for resolving immediate problems and
accomplishing assigned tasks and reporting irregularities.
- Inspects and maintains work area and equipment in organized,
clean, safe, and efficient working condition.
- Observes and complies with department's policies and procedures
and organization's house rules such as but not limited to safety,
attendance, proper attire, and continuing education.
- Coordinates and answers incoming phone calls. Handles or
directs call to appropriate individuals.Basic
- Two (2) years (4,160 hours) pharmacy technician trainee or
- High school diploma or equivalent related experience. License,
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) by the Pharmacy Technician
Certification Board (PTCB).
- Demonstrated ability to safely handle and/or prepare compounds
such as chemotherapeutic agents, biologicals or other
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability customer
service, oral communication, multi-tasking, teamwork, and written
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing,
spreadsheet, and database PC applications.
- Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the
- Reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English.
- Training/giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g. organization,
prioritization, proofing), concentration, and alertness.
- Completion of Pharmacy technician training program.
- Post high school coursework training.PrimaryLocation :
Hawaii,Honolulu,Mapunapuna Medical OfficesHoursPerWeek : 40Shift :
VariableWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat,
SunWorkingHoursStart : 12:01 AMWorkingHoursEnd : 11:59 PMJob
Schedule : Full-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee Status :
TemporaryEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : HL5-UNITE HERE-Local
5Job Level : Individual ContributorJob Category :
PharmacyDepartment : Dole Service Center - O/P Pharmacy-General -
1208Travel : Yes, 50 % of the TimeKaiser Permanente is an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, Honolulu , Pharmacy Technician FT, Healthcare , Waipahu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...