HEALTH SYSTEM SPECIALIST
Posted on: February 12, 2024
About the Position:
- This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
- This position is located at Tripler Army Medical Center in
Honolulu, Hawaii within the Department of Nursing.
- Salary negotiation may be available for those candidates who
are new to Federal service.
- Federal employees in Hawaii are currently entitled to receive a
8.9% COLA rate Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) in addition to the
base salary. This is subject to change. A locality rate of 21.79%
has been authorized for Hawaii. Duties
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the practice including
emergencies, cancellations and no-shows.
- Implement strategies to maximize practice capacity for
enrollment and workload in support of the organization performance
- Monitor, trend, and analyze, objective and objective
performance measures including: enrollment, patient satisfaction,
quality measures, access, productivity, and primary care manager
- Assists in the development and implementation of effective
patient care systems to achieve practice compliance with MEDCOM
policies, manuals and Operations Orders for the practice.
- Ensure confidentiality and compliance with the Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Monitor satisfaction scores and comments for opportunities to
improve practice operations.
- Participate in interviews, selection, and orientation of
- Advise leadership on civilian personnel matters as promotions,
performance evaluations, awards, disciplinary actions.
- Identify and arrange training needs for employees. Requirements
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness
determination, as determined by a completed background
- A Personnel Security Investigation is required.
- Selectees will be required to sign a statement (Condition of
Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must
provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position subject to
pre-employment screening and random drug testing. Selectees will be
required to consent to participation in random drug urinalysis
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is
required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants
may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on
the type of position.
- This position may include shift work (evenings, weekends,
- Position is designated as Mission Essential. The incumbent will
be required to report to work during times of contingency
operations, natural disasters, extreme weather or other emergency
situations. Qualifications Who May Apply: US Citizens In order to
qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements
described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience,
including volunteer work done through National Service programs
(e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g.,
professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community;
student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying
experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must
clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on
education, your transcripts will be required as part of your
application. Additional information about transcripts is in this
document. Specialized Experience: One year of specialized
experience which demonstrates experience managing the day-to-day
operations of a healthcare clinical practice, assisting in the
development and implementation of effective patient care systems,
and monitoring opportunities to improve practice operations. This
definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed
at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service
(GS-07). Or Education: Masters or equivalent graduate degree or 2
full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading
to such a degree in a field which demonstrates the knowledge,
skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position,
such as: Hospital Administration, Public Health Administration,
Business or Public Administration with course work in Health Care
Administration. Or Combination of Education and Experience: A
combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for
this position as long as the computed percentage of the
requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the
requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then
divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or
equivalent) beyond the second year (total graduate semester hours
minus 36) by 18. Add the two percentages.
Keywords: Knewin, Honolulu , HEALTH SYSTEM SPECIALIST, Healthcare , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!