Physician - OB/GYN (Physician #)
Company: FSR (Federal Staffing Resources)
Posted on: May 18, 2019
Physician - OB/GYN job in Honolulu, Hawaii.
The job is a civilian position within the extensive military
medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in
hospitals and clinics providing a full range of services to the
active duty military service members, military retirees, and their
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare
professionals where you are valued!
- Any US state license honored
- Monday-Friday days
- Malpractice provided
- Competitive Employment Package Physician - OB/GYN job Overview:
- Perform the necessary therapeutic, diagnostic and prophylactic
procedures for OB/GYN patients in Honolulu and/or Kaneohe Bay
- Obtain pertinent medical history and conduct a physical
examination of each patient presenting for OB/GYN treatment,
request diagnostic tests as indicated, render a diagnosis, provide
indicated treatment and provide follow-up instructions.
- Prepare referrals, and prepare duty excusals for government
authorization, and assist in arranging patient admissions. All
referrals and admissions shall be conducted in accordance with
policies and procedures of the MTF.
- Refer stable patients to specialty clinics within the MTF for
further treatment as required.
- Perform clinic examination, observation and diagnosis and
surveillance of patients with gynecological diseases or disorders
and develop plan of treatment based on assessment and observations
of the patient.
- Perform clinical obstetrical care and consultation including
pregnancy testing, examination, and development of active programs
of pre-natal, delivery, and post-natal care for low and high-risk
- Perform colposcopy, LEEP, and cryotherapy when indicated.
- Provide the following Family Planning Services:
- Contraceptive Care. Provide a full range of fertility control
methods including education and counseling on all options of
- Fertility Services. Provide counseling and education on
fertility problems. Includes laboratory and surgical work-up and
management of individuals having problems conceiving children.
- Provide care to mothers following delivery, on the basis of
physician orders and approved nursing care plans.
- Work as members of a multi-disciplinary health care team. They
shall delegate tasks and duties in the proper technical direction
and coordination of health care team members, patient care and
clinic activities. Physician - OB/GYN Job Qualification:
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Graduate from an accredited medical school in the United States
or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on
Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association
of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical
Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the
American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized
by the U.S. Department of Education and the Accreditation Council
for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) at the time the degree was
obtained (e.g. Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
(RCPSC), College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC). A Doctor of
Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must
provide education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to
accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to
accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by
permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign
Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who
completed premedical education in the United States and graduate
education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the
United States Medical Licensing Examination.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license. Any
- Graduated from a residency program in obstetrics and gynecology
which has been approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate
Medical Education or the Committee on Postdoctoral Training of the
American Osteopathic Association or those Canadian training
programs approved by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons
of Canada or other appropriate Canadian medical authority.
- Board Certification by the American Board of Obstetrics and
- NRP - highly preferred
- Fetal Monitoring-Basic training certification - highly
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO) certification -
highly preferred Position contingent on contract award with a Fall
start date and award notice.
Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of
Keyphrases: family medicine jobs, family practice jobs, family
practitioner jobs, family medicine specialist jobs
Keywords: FSR (Federal Staffing Resources), Honolulu , Physician - OB/GYN (Physician #), Healthcare , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!