Personal Banker, Retail Banking
Company: HomeStreet Bank
Posted on: April 8, 2021
EO/AA Employer including Vets and Disabled Qualified applicants
with arrest and conviction records will be considered in accordance
with legal requirements. Job Description Summary This position is
responsible for acquisition, retention and expansion of new and
existing customer relationships. The Personal Banker provides
exceptional service by taking ownership of the customer experience
from introducing the customer to HomeStreet Bank through profiling,
assessing their banking and borrowing needs, and recommending
appropriate products based on a thorough knowledge of HomeStreet
products and services. This position builds a profile of each
customer and maintains frequent personal, phone or email contact in
an effort to grow and deepen customer relationships. Job Details
Primary Functions: Customer Development
- Effectively interview and profile customers in order to
recommend appropriate banking products and services.
- Proactively offers ideas and solutions to help customers
recognize possibilities and strategies that will help them build
and strengthen their financial position.
- Proactively identify and retain "at risk" customers.
- Strategically utilize advertising leads, MCIF lists, personal
contacts, referrals from the Bank and branch customer base to build
a book of business through deposit generation.
- Effectively partner with other business lines within the Bank
to identify sales opportunities and provide an outstanding customer
- Open and close all consumer and businesses products.
- Process complex transactions including: changing account
ownership, living trusts, guardianship accounts, and estate
- Originate consumer loans, act as a customer advocate to ensure
prompt processing of consumer loans.
- Complete new customer profiles each week and update current
customer profiles weekly.*
- Make referrals to the Branch and District Managers or to
business partners in other business lines within the company as
- In conjunction with the Manager, makes business development
calls each month as assigned.
- May conduct offsite presentations such as Financial Literacy
Seminars and Bank at Work presentations to build branch consumer
and business customer base
- May lead branch and district sales campaigns
- May have other Business Development activities assigned as
needed*The actual number of completed profiles and outside business
development calls may vary from branch to branch, based on the
expectations of the manager.Service
- Set an example for the CSR staff in the area of customer
service and customer advocacy.
- Perform teller duties as required.
- Actively listen to customers, and maintain a friendly,
positive, professional attitude. Resolve difficult situations with
creativity, tact and diplomacy.
- Support branch lobby management
- Conduct care calls with existing consumer and business clients
to ensure customer satisfactionOther Job Responsibilities
- Maintain a complete understanding of products, services and the
Bank's business-customer acquisition strategy.
- Monitors personal weekly/monthly sales efforts, ensuring sales
targets and results are achieved.
- May partner with leadership to mentor and coach CSR staff to
enhance their sales skills.
- Participates in branch events/sponsorships and is involved with
groups and organizations within the community.Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree in
business related field preferred.
- 3 years of experience in customer service, sales or banking
experience required. Sales experience in the banking or financial
- Local travel required. Valid driver's license, vehicle, and
liability insurance are required.
- Demonstrated sales experience with proven results including
diverse customer profiles and complex needs
- Ability to identify client needs, present banking solutions and
bank products. Recognize closing opportunities and retain and grow
customer relationships. Ability to initiate customer contact
through letters, email, telephone or personal contact.
- Exceptional customer service skills.--
- Ability to encourage open communication by listening
attentively and actively. Excellent business writing skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment. Ability to work
quickly and accurately, to analyze information and make
- Excellent multi-tasking skills. Ability to prioritize and
perform a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction.Mental
and Physical Considerations:
- Able to operate a Personal Computer and view information on a
- Must be able to sit for many hours each day.
- Must be able to communicate via telephone and possess dexterity
to include filing document, reaching and bending.
- May be required to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift or carry up to 10 pounds
- Ability to speak and understand English and express ideas and
have difficult conversation in person and over the telephone
- Ability to listen and comprehend speech.
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions, interpret data and
information, read, write and organize information in an orderly
- Willing and able to travel occasionally as needed.
- Ability to operate teller and office equipment including
computers, adding machines, telephones, typewriters, copy machines,
fax machines, electronic credit card authorization terminals, and
security devices.Work Environment:
- Normal business office environment.
- Ability to work in artificial light for extended periods of
timeThis Position Description may not be limited to the Functions
and Requirements as outlined, now or in the future. For example,
changes in corporate needs, position demands, or individual
performance may result in changes to the Functions or Requirements
of this position. Area Retail Banking (Sales) Posted 30+ Days Ago
Full time R0006728 About Us Who We Are-- Founded in 1921,
HomeStreet Bank offers consumer and business banking, mortgage
financing, commercial lending, investment and insurance products
and services in the Pacific Northwest, California and Hawaii. We
maintain a shared goal across teams and regions to be the trusted
and preferred source of financial services for our clients. Our
drive to achieve this goal begins with trust - in our own abilities
and in those who we work with each day. At HomeStreet, we respect
and empower our employees to make decisions that support
innovation, and deliver results for customers. Employees
collaborate across teams to make the right decisions, share
knowledge, continually move forwards and grow. We believe in
promoting from within to deliver the strongest base of company
knowledge, shared experience. And understanding about how our
company has grown and evolved since its founding in 1921. Our teams
reflect motivation, caring and a drive to achieve while having fun
and supporting the communities where we live and work. This is how
we deliver value every day. Work Culture As a rapidly expanding
company, HomeStreet offers many opportunities to learn and grow.
Throughout a period of dramatic growth, we have preserved the
tradition of working in cross-functional project teams and
promoting advancement across the company. Whether your interest
lies in the banking or lending aspects of our business, if you have
a desire to learn, are enthusiastic, perform quality work and have
a passion for customer service, you will thrive in this fast paced
and fun environment where people respect and help each other.
Diversity and Inclusion Diversity-- HomeStreet is committed to a
diverse workplace with employees from a wide range of backgrounds.
We recognize that a more diverse workforce translates to broader
perspective and greater understanding, which in turn translates to
a greater capacity for customer service. We focus on recruiting and
retaining employees from different backgrounds and who are
representative of the people in our communities. By doing so, we
are better able to serve our customers and understand their
financial services needs and goals. Equal employment opportunity is
a fundamental HomeStreet belief. We practice fair and equal
treatment for everyone, regardless of race, color, national origin,
ancestry, religion, creed, political ideology, gender, marital
status, sexual orientation, age, or the presence, history or
perception of having any sensory, mental or physical disability,
genetic information, or protected veteran status. In addition, we
ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment. This philosophy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation, and training. Employing Individuals with
Disabilities HomeStreet embraces the American with Disabilities Act
(ADA) and applicable state and local laws providing for
nondiscrimination in employment against qualified individuals with
disabilities. If you have any difficulty using our online system
and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the
alternative email address below to contact us about your interest
in employment with HomeStreet Bank: Recruiting@homestreet.com. Come
Grow With Us For more than 90 years, HomeStreet Bank has maintained
a strong commitment to ethics, customer service and support of our
communities. Building trust with our customers and employees is at
the core of everything we do, and we're looking for talented and
motivated people to join us as we grow and evolve as a company. We
are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to employee
development. We continually aim to build and maintain a successful
team of talented people who feel challenged to do their best every
day. We hire for potential, support personal development, and
whenever possible, promote from within. We offer competitive
salaries, benefits, and incentives with the opportunity to give
back to the community. Whether you're just beginning your career in
financial services, or have years of experience, we have a wide
range of job opportunities for you to consider.
Keywords: HomeStreet Bank, Honolulu , Personal Banker, Retail Banking, Hospitality & Tourism , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!