Senior Merchandising Specialist, Food Service
Posted on: November 22, 2021
WHO WE ARE: Par Pacific is a growth-oriented company that owns
and operates market-leading energy and infrastructure businesses in
logistically-complex markets. Par Pacific combines experience in
the oil and gas industry with corporate financing know-how. We
bring this unique strength to complex markets where we seek out
diamonds in the rough. As a nimble, entrepreneurial organization,
we actively pursue new opportunities in response to local market
demands and changing external environments. The Role -- Reporting
to the Merchandising Manager, you will be proving exemplary
customer service to our clients. As part of your specific
responsibilities, in the following areas, you will: --
- Develop and execute placement of new food service and snack
- Partner with vendors to source finished products, and raw
materials to support new item development.
- Test and analyze food service sales, and profit
- Train store staff on food preparation and on food service
- Optimize retail pricing on food service items.
- Develop, and execute food service promotions, and measure the
success of these promotions.
- Develop and execute signage with our vendor to showcase new
food service items.
- Stay abreast of market trends, and competitor activity.
- Seek out and qualify new equipment to enhance food service
- Develop and continually update menus for dayparts.
- Assist Store Managers in managing waste and identify product
- Monitor supplier inventory on key items and solve for supply
- Forecast and budget for new item roll out.
- Maintain and refresh point of sale material posted in the
stores. The Opportunity --
- Senior--Merchandising Specialist, Food Service at a
Growth-Oriented Energy Company
- Use your own creativity to develop new food service and snack
- Be a part of a highly energized Merchandising team.
- Travel to trade shows to discover the latest and greatest food
service trends and equipment.
- Build lasting partnerships with major suppliers and vendors.
The Requirements -- To meet the basic qualification for this role,
you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United
States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa
sponsorship. To be a good fit for the Senior--Merchandising
Specialist, Food Service opportunity, you will have: --
- High Scholl Diploma Required; college or trade school are a
- 1-5 years experience in restaurant, culinary arts, retail, or
distribution needed; Convenience stores experience is a plus.
- Valid driver's license and own vehicle to use for store
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Some experience with graphics, and online advertising. Note:
This description is intended to give you a general overview of the
position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and
responsibilities. -- More Good Reasons to work for Par: There is
nothing ordinary about Par Pacific -- a niche player in the energy
space that operates in logistically complex markets.
And--there's--certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people.
We are driven, hardworking, entrepreneur-minded professionals that
love to win. If that describes you,--you'll--fit right in. --
Location, location, location -- Because Par Pacific--is located
in--some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our
employees get to make these places their home and enrich their
lives. Opportunistic growth strategy At Par Pacific, we look for
operations with strong fundamentals and great employees who can
move a business forward. Our management team has deep experience in
the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions,
and integrations of newly acquired companies. -- In addition to a
competitive salary, we offer a strong comprehensive benefits
package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; a
robust allotment of paid time off; a 401(k) with company match;
retirement savings plans; educational reimbursement; and more. --
Keys to Success We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter
with a positive attitude. Candidates should have a natural thirst
for knowledge and curiosity to drive personal and professional
development. -- In addition,--in order to--be a successful
Senior--Merchandising Specialist, Food Service you will: --
- Be proactive --
- Have a high attention to detail
- Hold vendors and suppliers accountable for deadlines
- Be flexible to take on multiple projects at the same time
- Record detailed documentation of site visits
- Achieve goals independently and contribute as a team player
- Identify ways to improve processes and controls --
- Combine analytical skills and creativity in solving problems
- Strong work ethic and accountability --
- Effectively communicate with the team, store managers, and
- Able to work outside of the typical 8am-5pm hours
- Able to travel interisland and to mainland, including overnight
stays The Company Par Pacific Holdings, Inc., based in Houston,
Texas, owns,--manages--and maintains interests in energy and
infrastructure businesses. Par Pacific's strategy is to identify,
acquire and operate energy and infrastructure businesses with
attractive competitive positions. We own and operate refineries in
Hawaii,--Washington--and Wyoming, with total operating throughput
capacity of over 150--Mbpd. We own and operate one of the largest
energy infrastructure networks in Hawaii with a logistics network
supplying the major islands of the state. In Wyoming, Par Pacific
owns a refinery and associated logistics--network in a niche
market. We operate 123 fuel retail outlets in Hawaii, Washington,
and Idaho. Par Pacific has an active, opportunistic growth
strategy. Our common stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the
trading symbol "PARR". -- Note: Par Pacific will not accept calls
from third-party recruiters. All candidates are required to apply
through this web posting. -- Par Pacific is an equal opportunity
employer. Par Pacific prohibits discrimination and harassment of
any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees
and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status,genetic information or any other status
protected by applicable law. --
Keywords: Parpacific, Honolulu , Senior Merchandising Specialist, Food Service, Hospitality & Tourism , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!