Guest Services Mgr, OEM
Company: Pearl Waikiki
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
Located just steps from the International Market Place and Waikiki
Bay, the 132-room Pearl Hotel Waikiki puts guests in the heart of
Oahu's South Shore among the island's most coveted attractions.
From swimming with the sea turtles at Hanauma Bay, surfing the
waves of Waikiki Beach, or taking in the views from a hike on
Diamond Head. The options are endless .
The Guest Services Manager (OEM) is responsible for assisting the
Guest Relations Manager / Front Office Manager while providing
attentive, courteous, and efficient service to all guests,
including successfully resolving guest complaints, prior to arrival
and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and
- Establish and maintain attentive, friendly, courteous and
efficient hospitality at the Front Desk, Coconut Club, Pool and
- Respond to all guests' requests, problems, complaints and/or
accidents presented at the Front Desk or through Reservations, in
an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure
- Assist with development of employee morale and ensure training of
Guest Services personnel.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers, employees and other
- Fully comprehend and operate all aspects of the Front Office
computer system, including software maintenance, report generation
and analysis, and simple programming.
- Assist Guest Relations Manager in ensuring that employees are
following and maintaining standards (i.e., answering phones,
callbacks to guests, guest request log).
- Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as
- Be able to perform, completed and ensure that all tasks and
duties on the shift checklist are completed in a timely and
- Responsible for issued house bank.
- Monitor key control to maintain hotel security
- Ensure the maximization of room revenue through property approved
- Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that
employees maintain Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s in its use.
- Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with
fellow employees and third party employees.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in
accordance with Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
- Ensure implementation of all Highgate Hotel policies and house
rules. Understand hospitality terms.
- Perform check-ins and checkouts; confirm that all SOP's are being
- Train new employees, help to develop and implement training
- Maintain log of rooms in "out of order" status.
- Authorize and sign adjustments and paid outs over the limit.
- Oversee discrepancy report and monitor follow-through.
- Work closely with housekeeping regarding daily operations.
- Work closely with third party companies to help deliver seamless
and enjoyable guest experiences.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating
with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front Desk.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail
in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all rates, packages and promotions currently
- Follow and enforce all Highgate Hotel credit policies.
- Ensure that employees, including third party employees are, at
all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all
guests, managers and other employees.
- Ensure team understands and remains focused on their role in
contributing to the Guest Service and audit scores.
- Assist with sign off of all Service Standards by Position for
Guest Services staff.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
- Review Front Office log books and Guest Request log on a daily
- Monitor all appropriate service delivery systems.
- Block rooms for special groups, arrivals, airline crew etc.
- Participate in Room Inspection programs.
- Assist in training and cross training of new hires, current
employees, third party employees on a regular basis.
Keywords: Pearl Waikiki, Honolulu , Guest Services Mgr, OEM, Hospitality & Tourism , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!