Guest Services Associate (On-Call)
Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while
making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations
Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership
with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and
help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams
• To report to work on time and in uniform, properly groomed with
appropriate name tag.
• Check in and out all guests as courteously and efficiently as
• Post all charges correctly to guest accounts and/or hotel
accounts during shift.
• Count bank at the beginning and end of the shift, balance all
departments and make deposit with completed accuracy.
• Accurately handle the basic functions of PBX and the front desk
such as checking guest in and out, taking and forwarding messages,
directing reservation calls, and room blocking.
• Responsible for knowledge regarding groups, VIP's, transients,
• Serve as an unending informational source for all hotel
• Show rooms and hotel facilities to guests and potential guests as
requested by management.
• Check bags for guests who wish to store them.
• Read daily departmental emails.
• Monitor lobby for non-hotel guests.
• Explain hotel facilities.
• Responsible for keeping necessary supplies on hand by informing
the Front Office Manager/Supervisor of Front Desk needs.
• Communicate and follow-up with appropriate department to address
rooms that require attention from Housekeeping or Maintenance.
• Encourage to visit local attractions, take tours and be familiar
with hours of operations.
• Take reservations.
• Use time clock to punch in an out as required.
• Attend necessary meetings
• Resolve guest problems and complaints
• Perform other related duties as requested by Management.
Physical Activity / Frequency
Sitting / Occasional
Walking, climbing stairs / Occasional
Crouching, Bending, Stooping Reaching / Frequent
Grasping / Constant
Pushing, Pulling / Occasional
Near Vision / Constant
Far Vision / Frequent
Hearing / Constant
Talking / Constant
Lifting/Carrying (5 lbs.) / Occasional: up to 50 lbs.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE. SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with Management.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Ability to work well under deadline pressure.
EXPERIENCE: Adaptable experience with travel industry reservation
systems and hotel property management systems essential, standard
Microsoft Office tools essential, knowledge of database system
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: None required.
GROOMING: All team members must maintain a neat, clean and
NOTICE: Standing, bending, stooping, and lifting weights up to and
including 50 lbs. may be required. The hospitalitybusiness
functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-fourhours a day. In
addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service
atmosphere mustbe projected at all times.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer
committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Honolulu , Guest Services Associate (On-Call), Hospitality & Tourism , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!