Executive Sous Chef
Company: Mina Group
Posted on: August 4, 2022
STRIPSTEAK Waikiki is the modern American Steakhouse remixed,
remade, and reinvented with a unique blend of Asian influence and
the signature Chef Michael Mina flair. STRIPSTEAK offers an open
air dining room and bar that incorporates the Hawaiian weather into
the experience. #ZRExecutive Sous ChefOperates the kitchen on a
daily basis with professionalism, respect, efficiency, knowledge
and awareness. Understanding the culinary philosophy of the
restaurant, attention to detail and follow through of all
restaurant policies. Mentors junior staff members. Uphold
restaurant standards for quality and cleanliness.GENERAL
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the
culture, values of MG-Hila, LLC and Mina Group, LLC.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive,
professional, gracious service at all times
- Performs all aspects of position with efficiency, respect,
friendliness, professionalism, teamwork, knowledge, patience,
awareness, compassion, courtesy and initiative.
- Understand philosophy of management and owner. Displays
consistent attention to detail and follow through of all restaurant
- Represents the restaurant professionally through effective
communication, cooperation and relationships with the all business
- Collaborates with team to create a culture and restaurant work
environment based upon respect; fosters opportunities for team to
learn, grow and develop their abilities.
- Leads the Management Staff, ensures that service standards are
on par with all outside accreditation sources: including but not
limited to Zagat, Gayot, Yelp, Opentable 4.5 Star, San Francisco
Chronicle 4 star, Wine Spectator, and Michelin Recommended and in
keeping with the service foundation and philosophy established
- Understand completely all programs, procedures, standards,
specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Offer positive solutions to problems or issues and be a voice
that is part of the decision making team.REQUIRED
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant
language(s) of the restaurant's operating area.
- A minimum of 4 years of kitchen management and cooking in a
fine dining/upscale dining restaurant.
- Must display the image and positive attitude set forth by the
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both verbal and
- Be able to work in a standing position a minimum of 8 hours a
- Be able to reach, bend and frequently lift up to 50
- Must have the stamina to work a minimum of 50 hours per
- Must be able to lead, promote and manage a positive working
environment for all management and hourly employees.
- Possess a valid Tuberculosis Card.About the MINA GroupOperating
since 2003, Mina Group currently manages more than 35concepts
around the world. At Mina Group, impeccable service is not just our
ideal, it is ingrained in everything we do. Rooted deep in our
foundation is the concept of Kaizen, the art of making great and
lasting change in small steady increments.By embodying our values
of adaptability and fluidity, we cultivate a whole new sense of
hospitality that is uniquely Mina.STRIPSTEAK and Mina Group are
equal opportunity employers committed to creating a welcoming and
inclusive environment. We welcome applicants from a wide variety of
identities, ideas and experiences and will consider candidates with
criminal histories in accordance with all local, state, and federal
laws. Mina Group offers reasonable accommodations for applicants
Keywords: Mina Group, Honolulu , Executive Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!