Guest Services Manager Overnight (OEM)
Company: The Twin Fin
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
This 645-room hotel is perfectly located on Honolulu's famous Kalakaua Avenue, where it is just steps to the beach and an arm's reach to the best dining, shopping, and entertainment in the area. Guests can borrow the hotel's own towels and beach chairs to spend the day by the sea, or choose to lay out by the hotel's pool with a tropical drink from nearby Tiki's Grill and Bar. And for the adventurous, The Twin Fin offers a on-site activities desk ready to curate a number of fun experiences.
The Guest Services Manager Overnight (OEM) is responsible for assisting the Director of Front Office/Assistant Director of Front Office while providing attentive, courteous, and efficient service to all guests, including successfully resolving guest complaints, prior to arrival and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
- Establish and maintain attentive, friendly, courteous and efficient hospitality at the Front Desk, Coconut Club, Pool and Front Drive.
- Respond to all guests' requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented at the Front Desk or through Reservations, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist with development of employee morale and ensure training of Guest Services personnel.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Fully comprehend and operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple programming.
- Assist Director of Front Office/Assistant Director of Front Office in ensuring that associates are following and maintaining standards (i.e., answering phones, callbacks to guests, guest request log).
- Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as required.
- Be able to perform, completed and ensure that all tasks and duties on the shift checklist are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for issued house bank.
- Monitor key control to maintain hotel security
- Ensure the maximization of room revenue through property approved upsell system.
- Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that employees maintain Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s in its use.
- Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow employees and third party employees.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
- Ensure implementation of all Highgate Hotel policies and house rules. Understand hospitality terms.
- Perform check-ins and checkouts; confirm that all SOP's are being followed properly.
- Train new employees, help to develop and implement training programs.
- Maintain log of rooms in "out of order" status.
- Authorize and sign adjustments and paid outs over the limit.
- Oversee discrepancy report and monitor follow-through.
- Work closely with housekeeping regarding daily operations.
- Work closely with third party companies to help deliver seamless and enjoyable guest experiences.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the department.
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front Desk.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all rates, packages and promotions currently underway.
- Follow and enforce all Highgate Hotel credit policies.
- Ensure that employees, including third party employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other employees.
- Ensure team understands and remains focused on their role in contributing to the Guest Service and audit scores.
- Assist with sign off of all Service Standards by Position for Guest Services staff.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
- Review Front Office log books and Guest Request log on a daily basis.
- Monitor all appropriate service delivery systems.
- Block rooms for special groups, arrivals, airline crew etc.
- Participate in Room Inspection programs.
- Assist in training and cross training of new hires, current employees, third party employees on a regular basis.
Keywords: The Twin Fin, Honolulu , Guest Services Manager Overnight (OEM), Hospitality & Tourism , Honolulu, Hawaii
here to apply!