Assistant Pastry Cook - Part Time
Company: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Posted on: December 9, 2018
A Pastry Cook is responsible for creating, preparing, producing and baking all pastries, breads, rolls and desserts for food and beverage outlets in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.What will I be doing?As a Pastry Cook, you would be responsible creating, preparing, producing and baking all pastries, breads, rolls and desserts for food and beverage outlets in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare pastry food items according to designated recipes and quality standards
- Maintain cleanliness and comply with food sanitation standards
- Stock, maintain and ensure proper storage and refrigeration of an adequate supply of all prepared product
- Develop new products for a-la-carte and catering menus, as needed
- Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations
- Display and set baked products on mobile carts according to specifications
- Prepare daily requisitions for supplies and food itemsWhat are we looking for?EDUCATIONAny combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred. Culinary or Apprenticeship program preferred.EXPERIENCEOne year of pastry/baking experience in a similar size operation preferred.LICENSES OR CERTIFICATESAbility to obtain Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate. Hepatitis A immunization or vaccination certificate required. CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.GROOMINGAll team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).OTHERAbility to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable.Standing, bending, stooping, and lifting weights up to and including 50 lbs. may be required. The hospitality business functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITYThe individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of baking and pastry preparation.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic Mathematical skills sufficient to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate instructions and other information with other employees.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, s, spatulas, spoons, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry, or transport items weighing a maximum of 200 lbs. with wheel assistance.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry or transport items weighing a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and work continuously in confined areas.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push/pull heavy equipment and stand for extended periods of timeSince being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
- Adaptability What will it be like to work for Hilton?Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! EOE/AA/Disabled/Veterans
Keywords: Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Honolulu , Assistant Pastry Cook - Part Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!