Chief, Human Resources
Company: Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies
Posted on: January 12, 2021
The Daniel K. Inouye Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies,
is a Department of Defense academic institution providing a forum
where current and future military and civilian leaders from 45
Asia-Pacific nations gather to foster improved multinational and
interagency security cooperation and coordination in the
Asia-Pacific region through focused executive education, leader
development, regional outreach engagement, professional exchanges
at conferences, and policy-relevant research. The Daniel K. Inouye
Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies is located in Honolulu,
Hawaii. The Center invites applications for: FACULTY MEMBER The
College of Security Studies is searching for a world class educator
to teach, facilitate, and conduct research. Responsibilities
include: - Teaching elective courses and lecturing on selected
regional security topics within executive education courses; -
Facilitating seminars and planning and conducting workshops locally
and throughout the Asia-Pacific region; - Contributing to syllabus
development; - Conducting and publishing individual and group
research; - Performing various administrative and staff duties to
support Daniel K. Inouye Asia-Pacific Center academic functions.
Particular expertise is sought in the following areas: Regional
expertise in North East Asia. In-depth knowledge of Japan is
particularly sought. Required minimum qualifications include:
- Masters Degree in Security Studies, Political Science,
International Relations, Economics, Anthropology, History, or a
related discipline with extensive practitioner experience in the
region. A Ph.D. is highly desirable.
- Proven ability in teaching and seminar facilitation. The
following is "preferred" for ALL Faculty positions:
- Expertise in security, defense, and/or political-economic
issues in one or more countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Living or working experience in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Ability to converse in an Asian language.
- Previous experience in a U.S. Department of Defense educational
and/or research environment. Salary and rank are commensurate with
qualifications. Salary range is $84,384 - $135,000 (includes HI
Locality pay but excludes cost of living allowance (COLA),
currently 12.25% but subject to change). These are limited-term,
excepted-service positions, for up to three years (with the
possibility of renewal). Relocation expenses may be authorized.
- Interested candidates should submit the following items:
- LETTER OF INTEREST. Provide a brief description of your
vocational goals, personal interests and expected areas of study in
the coming year, and explain your interest in future career
considerations with the Department of Defense.
- CURRICULUM VITAE. Should reflect the following: educational
background, work experience, publications and salary history.
- THREE ORIGINAL LETTERS OF REFERENCE.
- Submit all required documents to physical address: Chief, Human
Resources Department Daniel K. Inouye Asia-Pacific Center for
Security Studies 2058 Maluhia Road
firstname.lastname@example.org ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Application deadline: Open until filled. Cut off: 1 January
- Applications will be considered against current Faculty
requirements. Application packages will be retained for one
- Application materials become the property of the U.S.
Department of the Defense and will not be returned.
- Individuals selected for interviews will be asked to provide
bona fide transcripts from the academic institutions granting their
advanced degree(s) and two samples of their own publications.
- The Department of the Defense is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,
marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any
other non-merit factor. U.S. Citizenship is not required however
applicants must be eligible for an H1B or other work visa.
- The Department of the Defense provides reasonable accommodation
to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who
believe they require reasonable accommodation should contact the
Center's Human Resources Department at
email@example.com to ensure that the Department
of the Defense can consider such a request. The decision to grant
an accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Learn more about the Daniel K. Inouye Asia-Pacific Center for
Security Studies by visiting: www.apcss.org . LOCATION Daniel K.
Inouye Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies2058 Maluhia
RoadHonolulu, HI 96815 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway New York WC1
Keywords: Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies, Honolulu , Chief, Human Resources, Human Resources , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!