Director, Human Resources - Leave Management
Company: Hawaiian Airlines
Posted on: February 17, 2021
Title Director, Human Resources - Leave Management Department
Human Resources City Honolulu State HI Part-Time No Part-Time
Weekend No Description At Hawaiian Airlines, we are all about
welcoming our guests with Hawaiian hospitality and aloha, and
taking care of our people, our home and the communities we serve.
Join our 'ohana--and be a part of an exciting team of professionals
dedicated to serving our--kama'--ina--and introducing our islands
to the world!Position SummaryOur purpose is to connect people with
Aloha, and we are committed to demonstrating our company values.
When our employees experience life milestones and events, our Human
Resources is a key part of their support team. The Director, Human
Resources - Leave Management is a member of the Human Resources
leadership team that supports our employees through some of the
most vulnerable points in their career. This leader will help to
ensure that our leave and disability programs are built seamlessly,
and focus on reliable execution. Reporting directly to the Senior
Vice President, Human Resources, this Director will lead and
empower a team of service focused professionals that deliver
exceptional results.Key Responsibilities
- Provide oversight and direction on the administration of
absence management and workers' compensation programs.
- Manages the Leave of Absence and Workers' compensation teams
and directs the day to day operation of programs.
- Designs and recommends changes in policy by working with
internal stakeholders to monitor effectiveness of programs and
changes required by law and/or contractual agreement.
- Provides mentoring, coaching, direction, support and guidance
to the leave management team.
- Responsible for the overall effectiveness of leave and workers'
compensation operations including knowledge of best practices in
process, technology and system solutions for leave and workers'
- Meets regularly with managers, labor relations and employee
relations to develop sound strategies for a mutually beneficial
resolution to workforce management
- Stays abreast of trends and innovations in the field of Leaves
of Absence and Worker's Compensation; Keeps current on legislative
and regulatory issues at the State and Federal level (FMLA,
Pregnancy Discrimination Act, ADA, TDI, LTD, Sick Leave Laws, etc.)
also taking into consideration the provision of the various
collective bargaining agreements
- Leads the design and coordination of processes for leave,
disability and absence management programs to ensure appropriate
risk management, cost control and adherence to the law.--
- Oversees the technical duties related to employee disability
management, including Workers' Compensation administration, absence
tracking, modified duty, reasonable accommodation, FMLA and
- Manages external vendors to ensure proper coordination of
activity between HA and the vendor(s); works with insurance broker
to identify best practice approaches to lower costs overall.
- Develops metrics to measure program success and implements
regular reporting for the operation.
- Provides support to managers in implementing and monitoring
lost time initiatives at the operational level.
- Works to continuously improve processes to ensure the most
efficient and effective approach to disability management.
- Drive continuous improvement around leave and worker's
compensation operations, working closely with partners inside and
outside of HR to optimize process design and improve employee
- Other duties as assigned Requirements Minimum Requirements
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in a related
- 7 years of management experience people, including mentoring,
coaching, directing, support and guidance
- 5+ years' experience in the application and/or administration
of absence management programs
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of FMLA, state and local
laws pertaining to absence management and accommodations
- Project and/or Program Management Experience
- Effective leadership and proven ability to influence those
outside of his/her span of authority
- Excellent judgement and demonstrated communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and other standard office programs
- Experience in Risk Management and/or Human Resources, with
direct experience administering leave administration, workers'
compensation and/or absence management programs is highly
- Experience working in a unionized work environment
- Experience with outsourcing and vendor management
- Experience managing process improvement initiatives About
Hawaiian -- has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for
each of the past 16 years (2004-2019) as reported by the U.S.
Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys byCond-- Nast
Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian
among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai'i.Now in its
92nd year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawai'i's biggest and
longest-serving airline. In 2019, Hawaiian offered nonstop flights
between Hawai'i and more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other
airline, along with service connecting the islands with Japan,
South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. As
a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Hawaiian is offering an adjusted
schedule of daily flights within the Hawaiian Islands, and between
Hawai'i and the U.S. mainland as well as Japan.
The airline is committed to the health and safety of its guests and
employees and has reinforced enhanced cleaning procedures across
its business. While the experience may be a little different, the
authentic Hawaiian hospitality remains unchanged. Additional
details on how Hawaiian is keeping guests and employees safe can be
found at HawaiianAirlines.com/KeepingYouSafe .Hawaiian Airlines,
Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA).
Additional information is available atHawaiianAirlines.com . Follow
Hawaiian's Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir ), become a fan on
Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines ), and follow us on Instagram
(hawaiianairlines ). For career postings and updates, follow
Hawaiian's LinkedIn page.For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian
Airlines' online newsroom .
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
OFCCP here .
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Hawaiian Airlines, Honolulu , Director, Human Resources - Leave Management, Human Resources , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!