PAYROLL AND BENEFITS SPECIALIST
Company: Y. Hata & Co., Limited
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Position Summary Description:
The payroll and benefits specialist is responsible for payroll and
benefits administration for all employees and compiling and
recording employee data. This position will also administer
benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental,
vision, flex spending, supplement insurance, life insurance,
short/long term disability, and 401(k) plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers and commits biweekly payroll (non-exempt and
- Processes and corrects payroll data such as employee changes
and updates to earnings/deductions.
- Audits timesheets in HRIS system for completeness and accuracy.
Contacts various department supervisors regarding overtime or any
- Performs reconciliation of 401k and flex spending accounts
after committing payroll on provider site.
- Processes yearly and monthly bonus incentives as part of
- Processes garnishments, child support orders, tax levies,
quarterly tax verifications, third party sick pay and worker
- Sorts and prepares paychecks for distribution, including
mailings, each pay period.
- Performs monthly and year end responsibilities to include third
party sick pay and W-2 verification and mailings.Benefits -
- Administers health and welfare plans including enrollments and
terminations. Processes required documents through the HRIS system
and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and
- Serves as the Cobra Administrator for company.
- Processes monthly billings from insurance providers. Reviews
billings for accuracy, codes and advances for payment. Resolves
discrepancies with carriers, payroll and the company. Completes
reports for management as requested. Serves as a contact in the
benefit audit process.
- Provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to
provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan
- Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and determines
- Enrolls employees with carriers and process life status
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on
plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and
disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate
to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees
relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts.
Manages the annual catch-up contribution enrollment.
- Assists with the open enrollment process.
- Responds to employment verifications regarding previous
employees and provides appropriate information to authorized
- Prepares, completes and files the Form 5500 for benefit plans
with the Internal Revenue Service.
- Keeps abreast of all changes to Federal and State employment
and payroll laws.
- Helps to ensure that activities of management and staff are
compliant with all Federal and State employment laws and
- Participates in all Company sponsored functions.
- Performs similar and related duties as assigned by
- Uses the Company's Mission/Vision Statements and Core Values as
their guiding principle.Education/Training and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent
- Two to three years of payroll and/or benefits experience.
Knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce preferred.
- Must maintain confidentiality and integrity of all sensitive
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency will all Microsoft
Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to be organized, multi-tasked, and be flexible with
changing priorities.Employee Benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Life insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Advancement Opportunities
- Flexible On-Demand PayWe are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal
Keywords: Y. Hata & Co., Limited, Honolulu , PAYROLL AND BENEFITS SPECIALIST, Human Resources , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!