Staff Nurse - Emergency Department (36 Hr, Nights)
Posted on: November 25, 2022
This position is a Hawaii Nurses and Healthcare Professionals
Bargaining Unit represented position. -Job Summary:Provides nursing
care and services to patients/families. Provides direction to
licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and nursing assistive personnel.
Delegates nursing care according to legal and regulatory
guidelines/statutes and organizational policies. Utilizes
reasonable judgment in carrying out prescribed medical orders of a
practitioner. Functions as primary nurse/total patient caregiver.
Serves as resource nurse. Acts as preceptor and takes charge duties
as assigned.Essential Responsibilities:
- Practices professional nursing and delegates nursing tasks to
nursing assistive personnel and provides direction to the LPN as
- Utilizes nursing process to deliver care.
- Performs any nursing task requiring nursing knowledge,
judgment, and skill.
- Administers medications.
- Teaches LPNs and nursing assistive personnel special tasks of
- Verifies staff competency to perform special tasks of nursing
care as appropriate.
- Is responsible and accountable for quality of nursing rendered
and adequacy of nursing care provided when special tasks are
delegated to nursing assistive personnel.
- Functions as primary nurse/total patient caregiver.
- Serves as resource nurse and acts as preceptor.
- Takes charge duties as assigned.
- Incorporates the KP Vision, Model and Values through out their
- Performs administrative and other duties and accepts
responsibility as assigned.
- May perform patient care to the extent necessary to maintain
clinical expertise, competency and licensing necessary to fulfill
job responsibilities and to direct the provision of care on the
unit. Basic Qualifications: Experience
- Minimum one (1) year of Emergency Department experience or
completion of formal course within established timeframe.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. License,
- Registered Nurse License (Hawaii) required at hire
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 12 months of hire from
American Heart Association
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support within 12 months of hire from
American Heart Association Additional Requirements:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, change
management, decision making, detail oriented, customer service,
influence, interpersonal relations, oral communication,
prioritization, problem solving, quality management, results
orientation, system thinking, teamwork, time management, written
- Specialty Areas: Only departments in the Pediatrics, Mother
Baby, NICU, Labor & Delivery, Operating Room, Emergency, Intensive
Care, Hospital Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Ambulatory Treatment,
Clinical Decision Unit, Diagnostic Imaging, Oncology - One (1) year
experience in area of specialty or completion of formal course in
area of specialty within established timeframe.
- Ambulatory Specialty Areas: Cardiology, Oncology, Gynecologic
Oncology, Population Management - One (1) year experience in area
of specialty or completion of formal course in area of specialty
within established timeframe. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working with electronic medical records.
- One (1) year experience or completion of formal course in area
- Coursework in basic EKG.Job Schedule: Job Category: Nursing
Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Honolulu , Staff Nurse - Emergency Department (36 Hr, Nights), Human Resources , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!