Human Resources Leave Specialist
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Leave of Absence (LOA) and Accommodation Case
- Manages all aspects of leave and accommodation cases by
providing extensive case management, coordinating administrative
aspects of the case and any applicable claims.
- Interprets and proactively administers leave and accommodation
programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and
state employment laws (e.g., FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy
Discrimination Act, Workers' Compensation etc.), including complex
leaves and accommodations interacting with multiple laws, benefits,
and business demands.
- Performs necessary follow-up, involving providers, employees,
and all levels of management to obtain further information or
clarification on leave and accommodation cases.
- Documents and maintains information regarding leave and
- In collaboration with the Benefits Unit, educates employees
about the employee benefits impacted by the leave of absence
including but not limited to Personal Day accrual & Temporary
Disability Insurance usage, Health Insurance and other benefit
premiums, and annual mandatory leave balances.
- Manages the expectations of employees and management, ensuring
they understand their role and HR's role in leave and accommodation
- Provide educational support to management and employees related
to compliance and administration of leaves and accommodations.
Leave and Accommodation Maintenance
- Conducts research and analysis on leave and accommodation
issues to provide recommendations for viable solutions while
recognizing associated business risks and identifies preventive
actions that will ensure compliance with employment laws and
maintain consistency, fairness, and a non-discriminatory company
- Develop and implement procedural changes including documenting
new procedures, track process and workflow changes.
- Analyze errors/problems to minimize future concerns and
Collaboration and Relationship Building
- Builds business relationships with employees, department
leaders, and supervisors through providing education, updates,
guidance, and consultative advice to effectively manage leaves and
accommodations, resolve matters related to employee leaves and
accommodations, and help the business to anticipate future leave
and accommodation planning and impacts.
- Collaborates with the Employee Relations team to effectively
manage broad complex cases
- Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as
assigned or directed.
Keywords: HMSA, Honolulu , Human Resources Leave Specialist, Human Resources , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!