HR Specialist/Training & Development
Company: Salvation Army
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Department: Human Resources
Position Title: HR Specialist/ Training & Development
Supervisor:Human Resources Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: The HR Specialist is responsible for improving the
productivity of the organization's employees. This position
assesses company-wide developmental needs to drive training
initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions
for employees. This position actively searches, creatively designs,
and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance
and recognize performance.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Two years of experience preferred. Or any equivalent
combination of training and experience which provides the required
knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Solid knowledge of HR/payroll procedures, and pertinent wage
and hour laws.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel.
- Maintain regular and punctual work attendance .
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and
- Ability to design and implement effective training and
Training & Development
- Conducts annual training and development needs assessment.
- Develops training and development programs and objectives.
- Administers spending against the departmental budget.
- Obtains and /or develops effective training materials utilizing
a variety of media.
- Trains and coaches' managers, supervisors and others involved
in employee development efforts.
- Plans, organizes, facilitates and orders supplies for employee
development and training events.
- Develops and maintains organizational communications such as
intranet bulletin boards and newsletters to ensure employees have
knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to
evaluate and measure results.
- Modifies programs as needed.
- Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the
- Works effectively as a team member with other members of
management and the HR staff.
- Ability to supervise if needed.
- Prepare items for the CFC agenda; request missing
documentation, resolve questions as needed and notify units of CFC
- Preparation and submission through TSAMM for New Hires,
Terminations, Salary/Status Changes, etc.
- Onboarding new employees/Employee New Hire orientations
- Create new personnel files and maintain existing Human
- Create sample documents/forms and post on Divisional
- Archive files on an annual basis
- Maintain separate I-9 and EEO files/ Administer E-Verify
- Serve as the main point of contact regarding HR related matters
and Payroll operations.
- Direct inquiries from field units to appropriate HR
professional for resolution
- Perform Sterling background & Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) checks
and maintain authorized drive logs (New, Recurrent, Employees &
- Conduct Territorial Registry Checks (Employee/Volunteer)
- Facilitate as HRIS Coordinator: address end user concerns
regarding UKG, UKG Time and Attendance, TSAMM, etc.
- Oversee yearly HR audits of field locations to ensure
compliance with TSA policies and procedures.
- Manage the ongoing maintenance of the employee files for the
entire division and ensure employee data in the UltiPro HRIS system
is always current.
- Assist with Recruitment Gateway Data Entry & duties, as
- Assist with Affirmative Action Plan Data Entry & duties, as
- Communicate with DHQ and Corps/Units for clarification and
follow-up of all HR related matters.
- Oversee and ensure the dissemination of 90 day and annual
reviews to supervisors within the Division.
- Demonstrate experience and discernment when dealing with
sensitive HR issues.
- Manage and file HR & Volunteer Documentation
- Assist PTM Director with documents for PTM Assessment, as
- Oversee and facilitate monthly Lunch and Learn
- Oversee Blue Zone Initiative
- Facilitate community/employee engagement opportunities i.e.,
Charity Walk, Blood Drive
- Distribute mail daily to members of department.
- Assist with data entry into UltiPro of approved CFC items, as
- Assist all positions in HR department.
- Assist with employment verification inquiries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Salvation Army, Honolulu , HR Specialist/Training & Development, Human Resources , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...