Payroll Compliance Analyst
Company: ProService Hawaii
Posted on: May 20, 2019
OverviewAt ProService Hawaii, our client experience is essential to
our success. Our mission is to empower employers to succeed in
Hawaii, and as the leading HR Administrator in Hawaii, we thrive in
seeing our clients grow and succeed. We service 2,500+ local
businesses in Hawaii, totaling 35,000 work site employees. Our
Payroll Tax & Compliance Specialist will play a key role in
ensuring that our payroll taxes are in accordance with IRS, State
and Federal guidelines/regulations.
As a Payroll Compliance & Tax Specialist, you'll be directly
responsible for overseeing the annual generation, auditing and
filing of W2's and W2C's, and serve a subject matter expert and
internal escalation point of contact for tax related matters.
This role is a mid-level role, perfect for someone looking to make
a career transition within the payroll or tax related fields.
You'll get the opportunity to become familiar with payroll and tax
concepts for various industries both in and out of state, various
HRMS platforms, and have the opportunity to share your knowledge
and learnings with internal stakeholders.Responsibilities
- Executes set up of new PEO entities in HRMS systems, tax
- Owns the year-end process consisting of generating, auditing,
and filing of W2's & W2C's with third party vendors, Social
Security Administration, IRS, and internal payroll and IT
- Partners with various internal departments including:
- Accounting to ensure GL codes are set up to accurately capture
billing, earnings, deductions, and annual audits.
- Solutions to set up earnings and deduction codes for system
testing and identify training focuses for operations staff to
promote accurate processing and taxation of payroll.
- Sales, Implementation, and Account Management to provide
support regarding multi-state client processes.
- Leads initiatives to learn multi-state payroll tax laws and
creates training tools for clients and internal staff.
- Serves as subject matter expert for complex taxation laws and
related escalations for payroll leads and service managers.
What we're looking for
- Ability to learn multiple programs and HRIS systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Understanding of key payroll concepts.
- Attention to detail.
- Attention to detail and able to independently research,
comprehend and communicate subject matter.
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree from an accredited community
college or university.
- 3+ years of advanced payroll/payroll tax knowledge
- Certified Payroll Professional designation
- Experience working with HR Prism, HR Pyramid or Ultipro HRMS
- Understanding that our company and our culture is something
each of us owns and to which everyone contributes. It's ProFirst,
not Me First, and "we" before "me". Above-the-line ownership of
results and finding solutions, embracing the discipline of high
- Play for Keeps
- Striving to be the best we can be, through our individual
efforts collectively as a team. We Seek to be the best at the world
at HR in Hawaii, and we assess our performance against our goal of
being the absolute best. Passion is the fuel that drives us towards
the highest possible team performance.
- Clients are Partners
- Bring urgency, passion, and discipline to make improvements for
our clients. We care about our clients and their success. Our
client's success is our success.
- Be a Pro
- Be the best at your role and work together to bring the best
out of each other, and make your team better. Strive to become the
best at what you do. Values feedback and coaching.
- We Learn!
- Seek to be a continuous learner through learning from mistakes,
acting like a rookie, and seek learning opportunities. Welcome and
take 100% above-the-line accountability when faced with a
Keywords: ProService Hawaii, Honolulu , Payroll Compliance Analyst, Human Resources , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!