Sr Lead Technical Project Manager - Federal
Posted on: July 30, 2020
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by
solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
The Senior Lead Technical Project Manager - Federal is a Key
Personnel position in the Strategic Government Program Management
Organization supporting the Indo-Pacific Transport Services (IPTS)
program. The Sr. Lead Technical Project Manager-Federal will be
responsible to lead cross-functional teams in the planning and
execution of IPTS telecom projects. IPTS involves hundreds of point
to point circuits with some satellite connectivity and optional
bulk encryption requirements primarily between sites in Alaska
Hawaii, Japan, and Korea with some additional sites in Southeast
Asia. The position requires broad subject matter expertise of all
technical and functional activities required to successfully
implement and support circuit implementation, satellite links and
interfaces, and bulk encryption.The Main Responsibilities
- Ensure multiple projects are on schedule, high quality, within
budget, and meet the Measures of Success (MOS) and High Level
- Identify, analyze, oversee, and mitigate risks across multiple
technical functional lanes (circuits, satellites, encryption) to
ensure that project meets agreed upon MOS and HLAs.
- Consult with senior level client/stakeholder partners to ensure
overall project management satisfaction.
- Provide enterprise wide leadership in critical project
solutions and negotiation.
- Provide mentoring to IPTS team members.
- Maintain knowledge in the following: Inside Plant/Outside Plant
planning and construction, circuit provisioning, satellite
interfaces, technical architecture development, and requirements
- Lead project related activities to include: Proposal Support,
project scheduling (MS Project), operational support systems,
ordering, inventory, transition/implementation performance
reporting, budgeting/forecasting, training, customer care,
operations, program management plans, change management plans,
resource plans, quality assurance plans, and risk management
- Perform/oversee procurement functions for the program -
experience in SAP is a plus.
- Directly interface with engineering, network management, and
customer technical representatives to discuss technical project
- Responsible for reviewing/developing requirements and working
with appropriate teams to answer proposal requirements resulting
from Government SOWs, task orders, and modifications.
- Prepare and present PowerPoint presentations and Program
Management Reviews to the customer and upper-level management.
- Direct liaison between the customer and CenturyLink Government
Services for all project implementation and status reporting
- Manage and implement complex network installations from initial
site survey to sustainment
- Ensure the timely and accurate delivery of all assigned weekly,
monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual contract
- Program Management Reviews to include both customer and Senior
Level CenturyLink Management.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 3-5 years of Federal Telecommunications Program/Project
Management and customer liaison experience a must
- Solid understanding of telecommunication services and the full
spectrum of installation and project management processes
- Strong working knowledge of CenturyLink Ordering and
Provisioning processes desirable
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix team environment
- Successful experience in the development of proposals for
- Builds and maintains excellent customer relationships,
especially with the contracting officer's technical representative
(COTR) and senior management
- Working knowledge of MS Project and associated MS Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task, stressful
- Ability to manage process/procedural changes - a thorough
understanding of Federal Government contracts
- Ability to create and matrix-manage various functional
- BA/BS in related field or equivalent experience
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience
- PMP/PMI certification is highly desirable.
- Secret Clearance preferred or ability to obtain one is
- Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Alternate Location: US-Hawaii-Honolulu
Requisition #: 226251
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do
not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions,
including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits,
discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Honolulu , Sr Lead Technical Project Manager - Federal, IT / Software / Systems , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!