Systems Administrator - Honolulu
Company: Intech Hawaii
Posted on: February 23, 2021
SAs (Systems Administrators) are our first-tier support desk
techs. They handle most of the day-to-day user-facing and
alert-generated issues. Our SA role is the ideal entry point into
the IT world. SAs get deep exposure to a wide range of areas
networking, hardware, servers, workstations, wifi, internet/WAN,
email/spam filtering, security, scripting, etc.
Why work at Intech?
With 30+ years under our belt, Intech has come up with a set of
Core Values that guide our company.
- Honesty (we tell the truth, no matter how much it hurts)
- Integrity (strive to be good people)
- Accountability (we take ownership and responsibility for our
- Focus on People (people matter to us, both in our office and in
our clients' offices)
- Growth (if we're not growing, we're falling behind)
- Humor (we're funny... or at least we think we are---)
- Teamwork (no one can have a good day if anyone is having a bad
Some SAs enjoy the technical challenges and growth that Intech
offers and choose to move up into our second or third tier
technical positions. Other SAs discover a sense of leadership or
love for working with clients and might choose to move into
leadership or account management roles at Intech. And some SAs
might realize they enjoy a specific aspect of IT more than any
other and choose to move on from Intech into a field that
specializes in that aspect.
Whether you're looking to move up or move on in your IT career, a
few years at Intech as an SA can get you where you want to go.
What do I need to bring to the table?
First and foremost, be a good person.
In addition to exhibiting our Core Values, successful SAs at Intech
tend to be excellent troubleshooters. They tend to be methodical,
self-critical, thorough, and creative. They're hungry to learn new
things and humble enough to ask for help.
We're also fanatical about keeping good ticket notes and
documentation. If you get excited documenting annoying issues so
the next tech doesn't have to re-live your pain, then welcome.
Certifications are also a plus, but if you don't have them, we can
help you get there.
A valid driver's license and car are also required for the position
for planned and unplanned onsite visits.
Technical Mumbo Jumbo
The ideal SA candidate will know about at least some of these
things, but not necessarily all.
- Mainstream Microsoft apps and Windows 10
- Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365)
- Standard networking stuff DNS, DHCP, wireless
- Standard hardware stuff Dell workstations, printers, UPSes
- Medical, drug, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid vacation
- Quarterly company outings (currently limited and/or virtual due
- Twelve paid holidays per year
- Quarterly performance reviews
- Monthly cell phone allowance
- Paid parking downtown
- Training and certification incentives to help you grow and make
Intech takes the health and safety of our employees very seriously.
As an Essential Services provider, Intech is exempted from Hawaii's
stay-at-home directives. However, in response to the COVID-19
pandemic, we're taking the following measures.
- All Intech staff are working primarily or completely from
- Technicians are still doing onsite visits as needed and
following required safety protocols when onsite.
- Our office is professionally deep cleaned once per month.
- We've developed internal policies for safety protocols when in
the office (masking, social distancing, etc.) as well as for anyone
reporting potential COVID symptoms.
- We've added physical barriers around the office to increase
Keywords: Intech Hawaii, Honolulu , Systems Administrator - Honolulu, IT / Software / Systems , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!