Senior Member Of Technical Staff
Company: Quantitative Systems
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Our engineering team ensures our internal and external customers
enjoy a high-quality experience across the entire product
portfolio. Our goal is to provide compelling, innovative, scalable,
and seamless engineering services, which will protect our brand
reputation by continually improving customer satisfaction. We bring
together key R&D functions such as build, performance,
security, developer tools, and more. We work hand-in-hand with
development teams to focus on product innovation and
industry-leading solutions. Our priorities include investing in
R&D talent, sharing best practices, and driving scale and
agility in our products.Job Role and ResponsibilityIf you love
computer architecture, operating systems, new hardware, and finding
ways to make things go faster, this job is for you. The vSphere
Core Performance team optimizes the design and implementation of
ESXi, the leading data center operating system in the world, used
by 100% of Fortune 100 companies and 99% of Fortune 1000 companies.
We're looking for an enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer with
performance optimization expertise to bring new cloud computing
features and functionality to market.In this role, you'll...
- Collaborate closely with other engineers on product design and
implementation to increase the performance and scalability of new
- Identify bottlenecks and optimization opportunities. Devise
algorithms or code changes to maximize performance on both virtual
and real hardware.
- Work with prototype hardware and come up with ways to exploit
new hardware capabilities.
- Create performance analysis plans, define measurement
methodology, and specify performance targets.
- Design experiments to uncover problems in common and uncommon
use cases and configurations.
- Analyze performance data from hardware counters, profiling
tools, custom experiments, microbenchmarks, and application
- Troubleshoot and debug performance problems that involve
multiple components and the entire stack (hardware, microcode,
device drivers, hypervisor, guest OS, networking, storage,
- Effectively present data, conclusions, and recommendations. Be
able to excite and persuade both technical and non-technical
- Optionally author patents, papers, presentations, blogs, and
present at academic or industry conferences.Required Skills
- Bachelors of Science (or higher education) in Computer Science,
Computer Engineering, or similar field.
- 8+ years of relevant hands-on software development or
performance analysis experience.
- Proven ability to root-cause poorly performing software.
- Solid understanding of computer system architecture and
operating system internals (e.g. memory hierarchy, memory address
translations, interrupts, NUMA, memory-mapped IO, etc.).
- Low-level software (kernel, driver) development and debugging
- Proficient in C or C++
- Proficient in Python or shell scripting
- Ability to exercise good judgement and operate
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and coordination
- Development or performance analysis experience in two or more
of these areas: NVDIMM/DCPMM, memory management, networking
drivers, ARM (AArch64/ARMv8), CPU scheduling, multi-threaded
- Understanding of modern Intel and AMD x86-based CPU
architectures and/or large multi-socket systems
- Understanding of virtualization technology and experience with
virtualization environments (vSphere, Xen, Hyper-V, KVM, etc).
- Ability to learn new technologies and product areas
Keywords: Quantitative Systems, Honolulu , Senior Member Of Technical Staff, IT / Software / Systems , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!