Information Systems Security Engineer
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Information Systems Security Engineer Headquartered in Honolulu,
Hawaii with remote locations across the United States, RevaComm is
a leader in Agile Software Development, User-Centered Design, and
DevSecOps. As an enterprise digital transformation company, we
transform organizational challenges into powerful digital
capabilities through fresh experiences and great technology.
Grounded by the company's core values, our approach brings together
digital business strategists and architects, software engineers,
user experience designers, and project managers to create
sustainable solutions for customers while surprising and delighting
their users.As the Information Systems Security Engineer, you will
propose, implement and enforce operational security policies and
ensure solutions are in place to limit security risks.You will
maintain the operational security posture to ensure information
systems (IS) security policies, standards, and procedures are
established and followed, and will support the efforts to obtain
systems approval and Authority to Operate for new, innovative
systems that will be entirely new to the procuring government
agencies.We serve the Department of Defense, financial
institutions, healthcare, state, local and federal government, and
other industries along with their customers.If You Join Us, You
- Work with a team to provide a comprehensive risk management
plan to address, identify, assess, and provide prioritization of
risks (including how risks will be recorded, reported and
mitigated). Plans shall include the full range of risks that could
impact the project including but not limited to resources, access,
physical and cyber security, and unplanned events.
- Identify high risk factors and develop a mitigation plan to
reduce or eliminate the risk.
- Develop and maintain system Plan of Actions and Milestones
(POA&M to address individual risks, prioritizing risk actions,
and detail an integrated risk action plan for each risk
- Perform Risk Assessments and document findings in each system's
- Understand NIST, Committee for National Security Systems
(CNSS), DoD/DON Communications Task Orders (CTOs, TASKORDS), and
Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVMs), and
Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Prepare for and conduct RMF-related briefings at meetings with
internal and external representativesISSE Candidate will have
sufficient knowledge to provide support for the following:
- Assemble and review all required documentation as outlined by
the ISSM and CNIC for the RMF packages.
- Tailor security controls out of National Institute of Standards
and Technology (NIST) SP 800-53 rev 4 for the systems.
- Assist with updating policy and documentation along with
maintaining compliance with National Institute of Standards (NIST)
SP 800-53 rev 4 throughout the RMF lifecycle.
- Update and help implement the status of all security
- Assess and implement security controls, Security Technical
Implementation Guides (STIGs), and Assured Compliance Assessment
Solution (ACAS) scans in accordance with governing policies.
- Process and maintain compliance by leveraging Nessus, STIGs,
and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) files.
- Assist in managing identified vulnerabilities.Basic
- Five (5) years of experience is required as an ISSO including
experience in at least one (1) of the following areas: knowledge of
current security tools, hardware/software security implementation,
communication protocols or encryption techniques/tools.
- Thorough knowledge of NIST security guidelines.
- Bachelor of Science from an accredited college or university in
Computer Science or related field may be substituted for four (4)
years of experience.
- Experience with Navy Information AssuranceJoin Our 'OhanaThe
'ohana-oriented mindset is one of the pillars from which our
company has been built upon. We wouldn't be here without each
remarkable individual that has passed through our doors. No matter
where we go in the world, it's essential that everyone under the
RVCM roof, first and foremost, feel like they are ohana.We believe
in providing a safe space for all members of the RVCM 'ohana to
grow and thrive. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is at the heart
of who we are and everyone should feel valued and free to bring
their most authentic self to work - without fear, without judgment,
and in consideration of all backgrounds. Creating this environment
is important, not only for our organization, but also for our
customers and our communities.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Savings Accounts
- 401(k) with company match
- 10 days of PTO
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Continuous Education & Training
- Mentor ProgramsSalary Range: Negotiable, Based on
ExperienceLocation: Honolulu, HISeniority Level: Mid-Senior
Keywords: RevaComm, Honolulu , Information Systems Security Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!